Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zivis Re-Opens!!

It would be nice to have the message boards up. I know they're based in Spain, but at least give us the ability to convert the site to English. Tanpaku is based in Japan and has the conversion available. We need to have confirmation that our computing time is going to be scientifically viable.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    No response from that email address so I sent it to all 3 others that I have for that admin
    You will get a response shortly
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Site Admin
    I have been honoured with a response from a key member of the IberCivis project team:

First of all, let me write in English because I guess that you'll post it in your forum (thanks for that!).

I have to recognize that I'm not in charge of sysadmin or coding issues anymore, but I can give you an overview ...

Ibercivis is some kind of Zivis 2.0. We have increased the geographic range (but we are still pretty focused on Spain, that's why we have only an Spanish version website... we're working on that). Important, we still don't have contest as we had in Zivis... we'll inform about it when we launch this)

As you know, Ibercivis is a platform where you register and you can receive tasks from three different scientific applications: fusion, docking and materials simulations.

They are pretty different and we have done a big effort in order to fit their characteristic to the typical BOINC system. I mean, we have implemented some extra functionalities in different issues: scientific easy interface, very long tasks management and others...

About quorum (you asked me), we have quorum=1!!! we have our own validation process inside the calculus made in each workunit. For the fusion case, we have already solved that problem with the second workunit, thanks again for your info

About the website, it is only in Spanish... you'll find the blog in this external link http://ibercivis.blogia.com/

As we don't have a siteadmin address, please post in this blog all your comments and suggestions (thanks in advance!)
    The blog is also in Spanish, however you can read it in an approximate translation via Google Translate BETA > here <

Many thanks to the Ibercivis Team for their reply.
    --------------------------------------------
    Muchas gracias a la Ibercivis equipo.
    Esperamos con interés los nuevos cambios que traerá.
    --------------------------------------------
    . . . . . ___

Site Admin
    Babel Fish on SYSTRAN seems to do a better job for Yahoo

Try this link instead
    Last edited by AMDave; 07-10-2008 at 08:20 AM.
    . . . . . ___

Thanks, AMDave. All fixed now thanks to you, Dave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12