No ping.
    "It's dead, Jim."
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
    No ping. "It's dead, Jim."

On a more serious note: this looks to be like a major crash that Free-DC suffered.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-24-2016 at 10:09 AM.

From Phil - FYI, My up Address had changed on me. Incredible how these things always seem to occur when I'm not at home!!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I'm so glad it wasn't a major hardware catastrophe again.
    Get so darned used to the hourly stats fix

Well Jim; That is a deep subject matter! - - Since meeting Phil aka Bok in February in person in my home town, we have kept in contact pretty seriously since then. I noticed something on Saturday and since then everything is just not working itself out to function normally.
    This also is a good time to explain that all his equipment except for the SSD Hard Drives are older type servers, he has some single cpu boards and dual core boards running the whole gamut of operations. I am addicted to the hourly stats fix too Vaughan, So much I have figured out how to place it on every device I own just so that if I put one down I can always reach my scores somewhere in my travels. I had hoped by this time to have been funded for my project, everything comes in its own timeline, patience will win out!

Oopsy seems the cantankerous Stats system is down again, and its a holiday no less. I lost all my stats on my CPID. Time to jump off a bridge I suppose.

Nflight on FreeDC
    Nflight on BOINCstats

Four Nflight's on Signature for BOINC users
    (the other three may be found on FreeDC and BOINC stats as well)

One of your other three CPIDs has your Numberfields credit, another has old non-BOINC or retired projects (XtremLab, NanoHive@home, HashClash, Zivis Superordenador Ciudadano and SciLINC) and there's one with some Seti, Einstein and Enigma credit.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 05-30-2016 at 10:42 PM.

Is it just me or does anyone else find that Bok's stats site is not as smooth and responsive as it used to be? For me, I get a delay until it updates when I go Ctrl-F5 and occasional pauses as I move between sections eg click on "CPID page"

Time to re-open Bitcoin Utopia's Campaign #12, I guess... Bok should build a new server from the money that is fast, can take a lot of IO, and is fault tolerant.
    Something like RAID 60 (Raid 6 + Raid 10, a RAID 60 array--also known as dual drive failure protection--is built from -at least- eight disk drives, configured as two or more RAID 6 arrays, and stripes stored data and two sets of parity data across all disk drives in both RAID 6 arrays.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I love assembling, upgrading and maintaining my own desktops and servers, probably as much as a mechanic loves to constantly improve and upgrade his cars and add better parts to the engine, and etc.

But it comes at quite a cost depending on the size of the operation you are running... I have no idea how is bok running the stats these days but the prices of cloud services and the added convenience of not having to do maintenance of any kind are very attractive even to me these days.
    I have wondered how would it be to run Amazon EC2 nodes for Distributed Computing instead of all these Frankenstein machines I have at home, and even looked up some prices for Amazon EC2, but if I read their tables correctly it would still be at a much much higher cost than me running and maintaining these noisy space heaters here so I'm not switching to Cloud Computing just yet.

All this to say (and circling back around to bok's servers again), I wonder if bok is running his stats already in a cloud service (which then wouldn't need to worry about RAID arrays and other fault tolerance issues), and if not then wouldn't it be more cost effective given the size (and global scale) of his operation?

EDIT: Oops! Duh me!! I didn't properly read earlier months posts where Nflight explains how Bok's servers are the good old kind that I like. Nevermind the first part of my question if he is running it on cloud services.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 06-23-2016 at 06:11 AM.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast