Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: bok's stats

Thanks Dirk and NeoGen but, as I mentioned in my previous post And I quote myself - "lets find a replacement in the AMD FinFet future motherboard arrangement that gives Bok the extra oomph without the excessive energy draw." - Looks like the ladder part of 2016 as we may peer into the world of what will be available and when we can muster the finances to arrange this transference of his fantastic arrangement. Patience Team, Patience !! !! !!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I agree with NeoGen that if Bok needs new snappy hardware NOW, he'd probably have to buy Intel. The Zen Opterons may be out of reach, both time-wise and financially.
    Two big fat Xeons in a dual Socket 2011-3 mobo might do, with big fat RAID controllers to provide RAID-60 support, and loaded with 1 TB DDR4 ECC RAM
    -but a bit less (and lots cheaper) might do as well: one Xeon in old Socket 2011, RAID-6 controller and loads of DDR3 ECC RAM.
    But for that price you might be able to buy a dual or quad Socket G34 board with High-Efficiency (HE) 8-core 65 Watt TDP Opterons too.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 07-25-2016 at 10:47 PM.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Ah... I missed the PCIe 3.0 introduction on the APU side. Thanks Dirk. I honestly stopped looking around for it a couple of years ago I think as I was so discouraged to never see motherboards supporting it. I see that it was first introduced sometime in 2014 with "Kaveri" APUs and all others after that.

That Sabertooth motherboard is the one I have currently on my desktop and I was very proud of myself when I got it, but later I read it wasn't true PCIe 3.0, but rather a bit of a hack with some extra chips to make it near PCIe 3, and that might have probably been why no other manufacturer done it, and why it was discontinued so quickly. I'm now the unfortunate owner of a discontinued motherboard. (But so far it's been working ok... knock on wood)

I remember hearing about the Opteron A1100 but then nothing concrete came out to the market, it seemed like a paper launch. The only application I found on a quick search was the Lemaker Cello, which is still on pre-order as of this day. (Says on the website it should have shipped Q2 2016)

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Getting a fair few timeouts when loading the F-DC pages.
    Getting a little bit concerned.
    Last edited by AMDave; 09-20-2016 at 08:06 AM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

AMDave I hane had no problems here, maybe your country is not permitting this web site? The pages load quickly every time, no glitches!

They load slowly here -as usual.

Several columns and rows are not propagating correctly, its concerning since it is over 4 days of watching figures shift and waver. He probably isn't home to change what needs fixed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Several columns and rows are not propagating correctly, its concerning since it is over 4 days of watching figures shift and waver. He probably isn't home to change what needs fixed again.
    6 days now and counting...

But: Bok is on to it
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-26-2016 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Fixing

Yeah they are really bad at the moment. I wonder what hardware has failed this time?

If it is a RAID array, I'd really like to have a chat with someone who claims RAID arrays are better than independent disks.
    So far in my life I've seen nothing but trouble with RAID arrays -mostly because people can not/will not spend enough money to make them fault-tolerant.
    And as most RAID arrays feature disks of the same age, they have the uncanny tendency to fail just when changing another, earlier failed disk...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-28-2016 at 12:57 AM.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast