Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer Crunching

Yes, those UPS's are great. After a PC died due to a power event, I got a UPS for the new PC. It can run my PC for up to 15 minutes on battery, which is generally more than enough, because the overvoltages, undervoltages, and outages generally last only a few seconds. In the last 12 weeks, I've had 3 power outages totalling 7 seconds and 6 undervoltages totalling 18 seconds.

Sometimes power outages occur because so many people are running air conditioners during hot weather that the power companies are overwhelmed. But I have a deal with the power company that helps with that problem. When I got central air conditioning installed, I got a lower payment rate by agreeing to let the power company put a device on my AC that allows them to alter its timing as needed to avoid peaks of the total power demand. I don't notice any effect, though.

Summer here has kind of been and gone, come back again, gone again and is currently back again.

25°C here today, and dry but then heavy showers tomorrow.

Our computer room is at the back of the house so gets the warmth in the evening.

Now that summer has been here for a couple of weeks...The temps in the computer dungeon are hovering around 25 - 26 C. Any increase in confuser activity shows a dramatic increase in dungeon temps (at least it's a dry heat ).

So, I have to keep the little crunchers on a leash, and let only 6 of them loose at a time. But at least one of them is an x4 now!
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender10 View Post
    Now that summer has been here for a couple of weeks...The temps in the computer dungeon are hovering around 25 - 26 C. Any increase in confuser activity shows a dramatic increase in dungeon temps (at least it's a dry heat ).

So, I have to keep the little crunchers on a leash, and let only 6 of them loose at a time. But at least one of them is an x4 now!
    "a bonfire is also a dry heat and you dont see me sticking my ass in one of those, do you?" Walter, one of Jeff Dunham's characters
    (i think you got it from there)

I'm having to keep several of my toys in my "activity room" (as the granddaughters call it) turned off this summer. It's getting darker earlier at night now, but the heat is still up there. Most likely another 4 to 6 weeks of it if norms have any bearing on it. But then this hasn't been much of a normal year weather wise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12