Thread: Intel Q6600 and Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme

Intel Q6600 and Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme

Yesterday I had some spare time and thought what the heck, I'm gonna lap my intel and the thermalright. Didnt have a lot of time to put in it and its not the best yet, but the temps seem to have lowered 6 degrees on the hottest core and 3-4 degrees on the others. theres still some work to be done, but its a good start!

Oh and the previous high cpu voltage is not needed anymore. system instability is the result of the northbridge not having enough volts.

nice speed. Are you wc'ing ? Whats your temps now?

I just ordered a Q9300, its the replacement for a q6600. I'm interested in what temps I can run this at since its a 45nm cpu in comparison to my q6600's.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellds View Post
    nice speed. Are you wc'ing ? Whats your temps now?

I just ordered a Q9300, its the replacement for a q6600. I'm interested in what temps I can run this at since its a 45nm cpu in comparison to my q6600's.
    its aircooled with a thermaltake ultra 120 extreme (should be the best cooler there is momentarily) temps are now 63 degrees on the hottest core on coretemp and the others are around 58-61 degrees. I need to lap it a bit better because its still a bit convex, but I dont have the time now. maybe in a few weeks. should bring down the temps down another degree or 2
    Last edited by Frederic Brillouet; 06-24-2008 at 06:15 PM.