Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford's Mustang Hybrid

Ford's Mustang Hybrid

I am going to warn all those who click on the link below. I am not sure this is exactly what your were expecting! But the title did say Hybrid Mustang from Ford and it is New!

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/07...ustang-hybrid/

http://www.autofiends.com/index.php/...rid-spy-shots/
    Last edited by Nflight; 07-01-2008 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added link

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I gotta get me one of those!!!!!

Hey giddy-up. Looks like all the auto manufacturers are doing the hybrid thing this month.

Out Federal Govt just donated umpteen millions to Toyota to make a hybrid Camry and the other manufacturers are jealous of the handout of taxpayer dollars.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Nice to see an original Mustang.

Back to the old 1hp days, tho?
    I can live with that.
    I have a shovel. :D
    Last edited by AMDave; 07-02-2008 at 01:45 AM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

heh heh, my mustang has 299 hp more.

Hey!! I already have the engine part of the hybrid. All that optional equipment to drag around must really hurt the food economy and cause excessive use of the shovel.
    Back to the old 1hp days, tho?
    I can live with that.
    I have a shovel. :D
    Yup the shovel is a required item.

http://www.amerak.com/images/horse1.jpg

Nflight, you were getting my hopes up. Ford is going to be increasing the output of the V6 and V8 engines in 2010 from what I've read. Not really going to help with gas mileage. I would trade in my 'stang in a heartbeat if they would come up with a real hybrid.

Ford's Mustang Hybrid

http://www.wnwo.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=153939

Seems more people are doing work on Mustangs and getting better mileage after all. Maybe even X-Prize Quality!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

About Volvo Cars

They have from decade to decade developed “large” cars as not have been fuel-efficient and now they have been forced lay off 1,200 workers in Sweden. I think they now have the pressure develop smaller hybrid cars as can run on alternative fuel and even battery. Other vice they are out of play. I read their sales have decreased so much as 27 percent in USA whish is very serious. Volvo Personvagnar was before a Swedish owned manufactory so I miss it. They made so reliable and genuine models.

My Volvo 850 GLT consumes 1,2 litre/mil when running in the City and 0,90 when am is driving long distance and can use 6th gear. Other makes has small cars as consume 0,65 or lesser.

The gas cost 13.94/litre (2,39 US-Dollar)

If 1 Gallon is 3,78 should it cost 52,69 in Swedish crowns and 8,84 US-Dollar calculated after the Swedish gas price. That price would scare all as read this I think.

It is easy understand peoples if they refuse buy Volvo or SAAB. SAAB has a bio fuel model as far as I know.

I think the staff of Volvo (read FORD) now has much to think about and the situation is very serious. On Internet I read Volvo C30 will be launched as a diesel electric plug-in hybrid.

Volvo Lastbilar AB Sweden has a large truck as runs using NiCd-batteries of a new type but who of us want a large truck?

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Yup, gas prices are starting to become real annoying. Last weekend I put over $200 in gas tanks between car, boat and truck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast