Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X4 9850 Black Edition

It has been cooking in for about 8 hours now. I've got 4 cores running on D2OL and it is putting out some HEAT. Will see how the output averages in the morning. I hope that the output is something fabulous in the morning, but I don't really expect it to be anything more than what the q6600 does. The problem with d2ol is that there isn't really any uniformity to the various work units. There is quite a spread between what the 4 cores are outputting, however that I attribute to the different type work units. But like I said, it's putting out some heat, both the CPU and also the power supply.

The CPU fan is a really hefty bugger, complete with pipes. It's running quiet though, which is good.

Yepp..gonna show you some numbers after acouple of days of crunching..
    It looks good so far.. :-)

World Grid

Opteron 185 : Total Run Time = 2 days 6h 27m Points: 5,599 Results Returned: 9

Phenom 9850BE : Total Run Time = 3 days 18h 40min Points: 9,348 Results Returned: 14

I have'nt overclocked them yet.. could well get an 200Mhz more on the Opty and 300Mhz on the Phenom..

Probably end up sucking up a lot more juice too, besides shortening the life of the chip...

Whats with the letters after the model's number designation ? B and now BE ??

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

Anyone know whats up with my sig?? seems to have crapped out

BE = Black Edition

Nflight qoute: If you check out the WCG forums you will find that everyone else has the same issue with the WCG widget.
    It is a dynamic link.
    If they pulled a finger out they could generate a static image periodically, but I remember them saying they would not do that because there are simply millions of members - too many.

Most recommendation lead to using other site's -sigs for that project or even setting up a routine on your own machine to regularly generate your own.

Sad but true.

Looks like it is a nice little display but it would be better to find something that is stationary not dynamic like the WCG item you would like to place in your signature! Sorry

Hummm...Thanx !!!!!!!!!

I sure am liking my 9850. It seems to do very well on WCG.

Talking

yeah..my too :-) Never seen so many "pending validation" work units before.. I think I have 27 units waiting for credits.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast