Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems with scoreing.

same thought here, hard time getting it to end smoothly with service client. and if comp reboots, any that did finish will startup all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but I think in this scenario the stopped service will have 4 tasks that were assigned to cores 0,1,2,3. When you stop the service and start the standard SOB client the instance that was on core 0 runs. When it finishes (several weeks time!) it will grab a new task (k/n pair) and your remaining 3 instances from your service will still be waiting for you to re-start the service. If you now stop the standard client and then start the service your new task from the standard client and your 3 old service tasks will all startup (provided you haven't exceeded the 28 days trickle rule mentioned in the earlier thread).

Sorry but its quite tedious.
    i have been playing around with SoB and regedit since i have quite a few un finished work units, Vaughan your thoughts where close when you start up normal client on a comp that has been running SoB as a service, it will grab the last work unit from service install ie cache1 for dual core install or cache3 for quad core and out of silliness i guess i have started running a work unit that has excessed 28 days but as far as i can tell from a different comp just to see what actually happens Edit work unit appears to run correctly however no score is reported
    Last edited by Danish Dynamite; 08-10-2008 at 09:31 AM.

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    If you go into services under the admin tools and scroll down to SOB then right click on it and select properties look at startup tab and see if the "Let this service interact with desktop" is checked. If it is then you should have the small 17's in your tray. It seems to me that if you bring them up individually and config them to not get anymore work that should do ithe trick I think.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

better way is to config just one and then restart the service.

The best way is to just run linux..............................

No more dinking around with services, regedit, etc.!

I know, I know.... extremely cheap shot, but I just couldn't help myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12