Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday time

Holiday time

Guys, I'm going on holiday on Wednesday for 15 nights in the Philippines. My family are already there, they had a 2 week head start.

So there won't be any stats during that time. Sorry.

I'm staying here:

http://www.oxfordsuites-makati.com/

I've stayed there before, really nice place, convenient for all the good restaurants and bars
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Have a terrific break Ototero!
    That looks like a grand digs.
    We will miss you while you are gone.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Have fun...are things expensive there yet??

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

You can choose to live like the locals (cheaply) or like a Lord (expensive) and everything in between.

I choose the middle ground.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Have fun Stu!!!

Enjoy your holidays. Looks like a great place.

Hey Stu have a nice trip! Hope to meet you if you make it to Cebu!
    As for things been expensive, well inflation has gone over the mountain at a rate of 14% a year and an increase of 5% in the last 4 month.

You can live good if you make dollards or pounds, but also it depends on your life style, and if you could live a good life say 1yr ago when the exchange rate was 57p to $1 you had it made, but today it is down to 43p to $1. thats almost a 20% drop, and the expenses dont change that much but become more expensive.
    We are on plans to return to the states, we just spend 2 weeks a few month back, and things are much much cheaper there than here.
    Take for example, I just had to buy a UPS to prevent damage to my pc as what happen a few days back, well the darm thing used cost me a little over $100 and it is at least 4 yr old, a new one here in Cebu China(unknown) brand can cost up in the 12000 pesos or about $300.

This use to be a very cheap place to live and you could live like a king with $1500 a month, but it has become little by little more and more expensive. The biggest problem is that very little is produce here that can bring hard cash, most of the export products is in the way of raw materials from mines, and almost everything is imported, then on top of that you have a gov, which find pride in exporting most college graduates to work overseas so that they can bring hard cash to the country, but that is a two side blade.
    On one side the most prepared people are send overseas, while the mediocre and the uneducated stay behind, then they want to bring investment, but there is no personnel to run the industries.
    Also the are pushing turisim like crazy, but outside a few resorts there is nothing to cater to the turist industry. Yes you have Manila, and a few resorts, but that it is all. there are no facilities to cater if you are traveling overland, no restrooms, good 3 star hotels, and the few good and safe hotes you find, want to charge the same as a 5 star Hilton, or Shangrila.

Well, each one has its one taste, I use to like it here, now I can't afford to live here, and keep a good solid middle class life style.
    I'm not a rich guy, I'm retired and make a nice income in the upper 60's in my pension plus my business here, but for the money that we are spending here it is better to live in the states, Australia, Canada in the middle class than the middle class here.

Stu my cell is (edited by Admins)
    Last edited by Ototero; 08-11-2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Privacy

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Borfil, tell us all about it if you happen to meet with Ototero!

Ototero, I guess you'll be seeing this only when you get back, but nevertheless, have great vacations!

Someday we should think about organizing something like an "AMD Users Global Meeting", to meet up with each others. Wouldn't that be something?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Borfil, tell us all about it if you happen to meet with Ototero!

Ototero, I guess you'll be seeing this only when you get back, but nevertheless, have great vacations!

Someday we should think about organizing something like an "AMD Users Global Meeting", to meet up with each others. Wouldn't that be something?
    I'm in if I have time and enough money

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast