Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: nice running project !

Arrrgh! Someone broke Milkyway....
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

wasn't me

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellds View Post
    wow, thats a nice electricity bill..
    Just under $1000 a month but its Winter here so there's heating for the rest of the house to consider.

By Midnite I'll be on the Project

That is unless it really is broken? 802 blocks left on one core in seventeen and then I am done on that system. The other system has a ways to go till finished. Probably Monday afternoon if my calculations are correct for the other system.

Currently working on Mystery Machines !

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

nice running project !

Here I am all ready to work in BOINC and someone broke the project. OR should I blame the Arsians for that? IF not this project where should I place my CPu's?

Signed: Lost but not forgotten ! ! !

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I think it's fixed now. The server shows tasks ready, and my boxes are talking to it (although I thinks mitchellds confusers are on better terms with it than mine....).
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

I certainly liked milkyway better when it was running the short workunits. These new ones take longer and have only a two day deadline. The margin for error on slower computers isn't very much. Can't complain about the credits once they finally report!

yup its been pretty good for me, except for a couple minor glitches. I see those ARS boincers are trying to play ketchup with us.

thread from their board below:

"The stage is set for the battle between ARS, AMD Users, and Anandtech. Contibute to this (un)folding event and help us climb. Anandtech has a significant daily points contribution, but I know we can make them look over their shoulder! Contribute some cpu time and let's make this happen!"

I like to annoy the Arsians when I can seeing as they are never afraid of stomping on us when they see a chance. My motto has always been to stand up to bullys. If they had any sense they'd join a friendly team like ours instead of constantly plotting which team they crush next.

Ok, the time is now !!

if you can spare some cpu cycles this way, it would be appreciated for putting down the ARSian uprising. They are trying to punk us in this project. Anybody here like that? I know I don't.

We moved into 10th place past TeAm AnandTech recently, but the ARS bubba's are out to catch us sleeping. They are only 50k behind us now, and really trying to catch us.Interestingly enough, we both have 37 team members. Any more of our guys want to make a showing?

the below is what they just wrote on their site,

"This is interesting. Over the weekend, the AMD Users reported 199,667 coblestones of work, while the ARS team (us) reported 199,959 cobblestones of work. Although they still lead us by a small amount, we generated 292 cobblestones more than them and that will help us catch and pass them. It may be slow, but if we put enough inertia into this we'll do it. The point here is that all contributions count. If they had just 6 more people contributing only 50 units each over the weekend, then that production slope would be in another direction. So if you're reading this and think that you can't produce enough to help, think again. Every contribution moves us towards the goal. We just have to pile them up faster than they do! "
    Last edited by mitchellds; 09-10-2008 at 04:06 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast