Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FreeHAL@home

It looks to me like everyone's account is still there. Any credits accumulated and workunits completed before the hack were wiped out. Some people just can't be satisfied with joining a project and using their computing resources for the betterment of mankind...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I still have my account, and I'm still #1 on the Team.

sentient_life and rest of the lot, are you just going to let me stay up there without a fight? Come on! It's no fun like this.

It's not much of a "race" when someone keeps erasing the score and causing everyone to restart! The workunits are a bit screwy. They claim 35 hours and take a few minutes. The credits aren't bad, though. And I realize they're based in Deutschland, but it would sure help to get a little more English on the site to discuss issues. Ibercivis falls into that category, too.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Yea... I know what you mean. There was a point when the credits were really messed up that I (and everyone else) was getting some 1,000 credits per workunit. That was really messed up, and thus they reset it.

I was just trying to get more people to join us in the project. We could use some help, at least to reach top 10.

They had some work units today. Some are estimated to run for 72 hours on my Core Duo 1.67GHz lappy but they complete in about a minute. Initial downloads about 18MB, after that the tasks are small d/l.

EDIT:
    First d/l ~12MB tasks ~7MB.

Site is here

Ototero can you add this project to our stats please?

http://boinc.freehal.org/projects/fr.../top_teams.php
    Last edited by vaughan; 10-05-2008 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Edit d/l & add stats request and link

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Heh. I see you edited as I was about to point out the same thing.
    Those 7MB units add up really fast at 1.5 mins ea. on a quad core!
    I've backed mine off again.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Yes Dave. I switched my laptop over to Dial-Up as my cable is 1.5GB over where it should be so far this month in Peak time downloads. I don't want to run our of bandwidth again this month; getting throttled across the whole pharm hurts the stats on my favourite projects.

FreeHAL@Home stats have been reset to zero.

There goes one of my >100,000 points projects. liuqin breathes a sigh of relief! Too bad, starting again now.

Translation from the forum German -> English reveals that the tasks are now set to maximum of 8 points per task and each task has 45 minutes maximum running time. There is also a delay so the max earning rate is 8 pts/hr. There is some rubbish about 8 being the BOINC Seti standard. I always thought it was in the 12-16 pts/hr range.

I wish somebody would tell RCN that 8 or more pts/hr is nice as they are very stingy at handing out points.

darn my luck, 783 points gone forever.

my concern now is that, is this going to happen again?

still not running right for me, downloaded 8 wu's, 4 ran less than a second, 2 ran 5-10 minutes, last two wouldn't run had to abort. indefinitely putting this one on hold.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast