Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FreeHAL@home

FreeHAL@home

6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: First: It's not you fault that you can't get new workunits. It's mine.
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: We can't do it like this. In May, we had between 10000 and 30000 work units which were crunched at the same time.
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: Now, we have are almost 200,000. And the project server is not able to handle this.
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: Okay, you can say I failed as a manager. And you are right.
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: Now I decided to stop distributing work units for today to give server a chance.
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: Then, we have to find a solution. There are two possibilities:
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: 1.) We could lower the count of max work units at the same time to ~5 to ~10.
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: => less output, less credits, less server ressources
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: 2.) Or we need more server ressources, that would mean
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: either more donations or someone who donates a mirror, but i has to one with much bandwidth.
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: I ask you to discuss in your teams.
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: --
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: I also have to say another thing, even if I risk everything by saying it: I'm no adult.
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: // Tobias Schulz
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: No work sent
    6/6/2009 3:24:41 PM FreeHAL@home Message from server: (Project has no jobs available)

Can You say Sys Admin Overload!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    That wins the prize as the most original "no work available" message.

On a more serious note though, I can understand the problem, the project grew tenfold but the server is still the same.
    But I would never have guessed he was 16 years old. (you're missing that part after the "I'm no adult" Nflight)
    Last edited by NeoGen; 06-06-2009 at 08:31 PM.

wow, i didn´t know someone could post that many text in the error messages.......
    maybe he solved the heavy serverload by admitting he is 16....
    can anyone reach the project site? or are they also down?
    greetings vel....
    mihi deliberandum est....

FreeHAL@home

The Project is back up and running once more! That must have been the first frustrating post he made, then changed it to include the 16 year old mention.

Back up seems to be right, but running not......
    nearly 75% of all wu´s fail to download......
    can i do something about that or is this a server thing?

FreeHAL@home

Vel; It is a server thing, we will just have to let it sort it out for itself for now, keep crunching!

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Hopefully freehal gets it´s problems sorted out somehow......
    I like the idea of this project.......

I wish Tobias would add a Donation link to his project's homepage. Then people so inclined could help him with the server costs, similar to what Rytis did at PrimeGrid.

Also he needs to limit the number of tasks per core so the server doesn't take such a hammering.

All up its a pretty good effort for a 16 yr old.

There is a donation link....
    he should only write it in english too......
    you get there by clicking on the text in the blue box above the forums where it says:
    Spenden an das FreeHAL-Projekt
    Das FreeHAL-Projekt benötigt Geld für verschiedene Hardware, um FreeHAL 2009 schneller und besser entwickeln zu können! Helfen Sie bei der Entwicklung unserer küstlichen Intelligenz!

translated it means something like:
    Donations to the FreeHAL-project.
    The FreeHAL-project needs money for diffrent hardware in order to develop(hope it is the correct word) FreeHAL 2009 faster and better! Help with the development of our artificial intelligenc!

Where it says: Aktuelle Kosten: Aufrufen
    you can see his financial expenses....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast