Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FreeHAL@home

FreeHAL@home

For the rest of us non German Speaking soles on this project I added this anonymously => http://www.freehal.org/forum/4

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Ah thank you velociraptor. I was not expecting the donations link to be so small and placed in the project's title. The "normal" place is in the paragraphs on the lower left of a standard BOINC home page.

So that annoying popup must be part of his advertising revenue.

I thought that Firefox was supposed to block popups, I wonder how this critter gets through?

I hope some more of our team can join the fun here. This project doesn't use any CPU cycles and currently is limited to 5 tasks per download. Easy points on tap.

http://boinc.freehal.org/projects/freehal_at_home/

FreeHAL@home

Lets expand on Vaughan's Statement about 5 work units. You have a project your running on BOINC, its not FreeHAL, allow new work units to enter your task bin at the same time your running your favored project. Wow you now have FreeHAL working at the same time, two projects and two times as many points as just running one project. NO sharing of the processor/s they run at the same time.

Example: Right now I have 2 ibercivis running and 5 FreeHAL running with only a dual core machine! Just Imagine how fast and how far you can push your numbers if you sign up today?

actually, he upped it to 8 from 5. so yous guys better update your prefrences.

FreeHAL@home

Liuqyn - I was leaving that as a surprise gift of more points for the little work you do! And you blew the surprise right out of the water!

so what exactly is this project using for resources if not you cpu? Is it stressing your network with alot of traffic, or stressing your HD or memory? Whats the deal?

FreeHAL@home

Its not stressing it at all, It uses practically no resources to accomplish its tasks. The HD is not over worked, and the CPU are more interested in the Main Project then the FreeHAL work units.
    If your after tons of Points from BOINC then this is the project to run along side the other projects that offer high points values!
    Since early may I have been running the FreeHAL project along side at least 5 other projects with no problems.
    Its like a new topping for your favorite pizza, if it doesnt taste right spit it out and never eat it again! If you like it, you might not want to leave like Vaughan And I.

so, does that mean it doesn't thrash your internet like it used to? that's why I stopped running it awhile back, I couldn't do anything else online while it was running.

FreeHAL@home

It does not seem to thrash mine, that was when there were 25 work units at a time, he is now done to 8. Less thrashing I think in my own opinion!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast