Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Farms, Names, Pictures, Projects and Paper Trays

I know I've not been around recently, and I'm also aware all my pictures in this thread are broken. I'll upload them to a new server in the next few days for your viewing pleasure!

Farms, Names, Pictures, Projects and Paper Trays

Quote Originally Posted by S. Starbuck View Post
    I know I've not been around recently, and I'm also aware all my pictures in this thread are broken. I'll upload them to a new server in the next few days for your viewing pleasure!
    Just to let you know there is a way to upload the pictures to the server of this forum. It makes not having to host the pictures somewhere else!

Click on the 'Paperclip drop down box' on the first line of the message box.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

here's a fraction of the bitcoin miners @ bitcoinforum (this is up thru June 2011)

http://plonk420.minus.com/mbzhercskgMJIt

Even here I wouldn't want your power bill. My son is amazed at your creativity in your builds! As am I great job. Ryan is wondering why none are in Pizza boxes.

i think a couple were in motherboard boxes, but i think the hardware itself wasn't well displayed so i didn't save it.

someone DID post this ~ page 6:

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by plonk420 View Post
    here's a fraction of the bitcoin miners @ bitcoinforum (this is up thru June 2011)

http://plonk420.minus.com/mbzhercskgMJIt
    Wow.
    hefty investments there and extensive use of PCIe extender cables.
    I have never actually laid eyes on one, let alone used one 'in anger'.
    There's some craftsmanship, art and patience in setting up some of those rigs I see.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Pizza box data center:

very cool! but whats up with the semprons? AM2 ssockets right? i have a 2 athlon64s AM2 you can have as if its not too late to send two of those back for your cash they are about 30 bucks if im not mistaken the sempron 3000+
    Word Nerds!

Here's my "cluster" I've been playing with.

I've called it SARS - Small Array of Raspberry piS.

It's two Raspberry Pi's and a Cubox as the Storage Node. Set it up to learn about MPI, clusters and parrallel computing. I could have maybe used a multi core machine but that didn't seem as fun. Besides, the low cost of the Pi's meant I could buy one a month to add to the cluster without a noticeable effect on my budget. Largest expense was the Cubox - this is because I aslo intend to add my 3TB external to this as a NAS device (when a replacement 1TB external arrives for my Mac that I can use as my Steam library). Whole rig thing is about 10W of power (3.5W + 3.5W + 3W) for the devices, slightly more as I have the USB hub + router for the devices. Bonus - whole thing is silent.

When I'm not using an MPI task, the Pi's run RC5-72 (Dnet) and the Cubox is idle (I want that to last a while and be stable - it's going to be my NAS and has Bittorrent Sync running. Which doesn't take up to many CPU cycles but I want it clear). Might investigate the ability to convert video over MPI.

EDIT: With the cables attached, the Cubox is back heavy, hence it's location. Need to find the blue tack to stick it to the desk!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456