Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PS3Grid Clients etc...

heh heh, good for you. I had it sitting in my cart for over the last week, and never completed the transaction.

New GPU client is out. 6.4.0...testing seems to be going well. I might load it this evening...
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Lookout hinemos I'm on your six.

I've added a 9600GSO to this project now.

As soon as the Christmas Challenge is over I'll upgrade the BOINC client on the Athlon64 6000+ box to take advantage of the GTX260 that's sitting idle at the moment.

----------------

I have also updated the name of this section of the forum as the site now calls itself GPUGrid not PS3Grid. In BOINC Manager it still shows the project URL as www.ps3grid.net but that results in the BOINC message that the correct URL is www.gpugrid.net.
    Last edited by vaughan; 12-04-2008 at 04:49 AM. Reason: thread name change

See first post...

There has been another client update for Win and *nix. I haven't had time to try out either, and I am still on 6.3.21.

I would wait for the 6.4.3 Win client to come out....and see if things improve...Stick with 6.3.21 for now.

Also...I am running the 180.60 cuda driver with no problems on XP 64 bit. Read the driver threads for more information. I've been slacking this week...
    Last edited by Bender10; 12-07-2008 at 12:58 AM. Reason: 6.4.X problems.

Bender10 do you know if Ntunes or the Nvidia control panel works now under Win64? It works great under Win32 but I found my earlier versions triggered either a PC lock-up or a BSOD when I tried to get to the screen where you can change the fan speed of the GPU card.

I'm actually using RivaTuner v2.20 to control my gpu fan under Win64. I switched due to problems with nTune.

It works better than nTune, and you can set it up to 'load' on windows start-up. This allows it to re-set your fan to your required setting automatically (after a reboot).
    Last edited by Bender10; 12-08-2008 at 07:57 PM. Reason: can't speel

Wait for the 6.4.4 client (or higher).

But the 6.3.21 works fine.

Problems controlling your (nVidia) fan speed?? nTune not working??

Try RivaTuner 2.20...

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/1805...fan-speed.html

PS3Grid Clients etc...

Nice program for us Nvidia USers: http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.25.00.html

I like what the Grey box on the left states, not bad will try this some other day its late, and my peepers are heavy.

Damn machines I have are too old, Nforce works I have GeForce, Rats Darn !!!
    Last edited by Nflight; 12-07-2008 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Nothing ever goes my way!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

If you have a stable Boinc (gpu) client running, keep it that way. Don't upgrade to the 6.4.X client yet. They are having problems (again) with the new client (6.4.4 is out and buggy).

I tried to go higher than 6.3.X, and had problems. If you are crunching fine with what you have, stick with that for a while.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast