Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BOINC - 1 Million Milestone

Massive congratulations Nflight!

well done Nflight

Job well done Nflight !! Do you know off hand how many years that took and do you have more than one core on that project ??

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

BOINC - 1 Million Milestone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAdder View Post
    Job well done Nflight !! Do you know off hand how many years that took and do you have more than one core on that project ??
    How many years it took, well if you count the few thousand points I earned at Seti before I even knew there were teams out there, we are going back to December 1999. But I really got into it in September 2004, and then I only participated when I had my machine turned on. Late November 2005 I got the bug and had the systems on all the time. I read an article at Dailytech dot com, that explained that more projects other then SETI were now available including medical science projects. I was hooked to save peoples lives if I could, by using my machines power to overcome obstacles of medical inefficiency - defects in our bodies that need correcting.

Let me explain I am an innovator and see inspiration from the different criteria I observe or interact with, so doing different projects allows me exposure to differences I would not have seen if I did not particiapte. Life is unique in that we are given opportunities to do these neat things. Most of these neat things are from our passion at being a little different. Different is a good thing in my book, my life resolves around science, deep into thermodynamics, engineering, chemistry, biology, and alternative sceinces. If you can't be intuitive in making decisions about what project you want to particiapte in then hey, stay on target on one project, thats fine. I prefer to sample the whole menu at a restaurant then just eat the same old thing everytime.

You asked how long it took there Blackadder, about 3 years from November 2005 to November 2008. All this with many interuptions of non-boinc projects including, EoN, Dpad, What Pulse, Bewes, Dimes, Pi Segment, Weifriech, Seventeen or Bust (SoB). And with a desire someday to participate in these projects as well D2ol, Euler, DGR-26 and a few more math projects.

Running projects at the same time; I run Whatpulse on my main system where I do a lot of typing, in the background I have Dpad ready to run at the drop of a hat. If I feel the need to crunch a few work units. I used to run Bewes but the program has become a dead stick lately with no return noticed in many months. On my main system I run Boinc on both cores, even at full speed while i am typing like this. On My other server system I run Dimes, and Boinc full speed, that system is slightly overclocked and still air cooled.

As you can see when I have time I ramble quite a bit. This item should be moved to short stories probably.

Thank You everyone for your warm regards in my aid in helping this Team achieve great things. If it were not for everyone of you, we would have never gotten the respect we have in the DC community.
    Thank You one and All !

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Go ahead with your BAD self !!!

Congrats Nflight! You the man!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12