Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Quest Contest

wow, now we got a RACE!!! you cant get much closer than that !!

Thumbs up Sieving for Christmas

It's a late start, but count me in. User ID= 11907, CPU ID= 41298. I'm doing PSP sieving.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Stats update!

Vaughan is trying to run away but meshmar is going strong in spite of the difficulties. One can see how the crunch time dropped for meshmar lately, he used to be on 99%.

Jim, you're curious to see how your rig performs? I'll add you right away! You'll show up on the next batch of stats. I can't tell you that you have a chance to win with a late start like this, but I can tell you that you'll probably have fun!

And hey... I'm not placed last anymore! Finally my TPS workunits batch finished and I'm on PSP Sieve with almost everyone else!
    Bender, don't you wanna do PSP Sieve with us as well?

I think I have a very slight edge that will let me slowly catch up. We'll have to wait and see if it's enough.
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    ... Jim, you're curious to see how your rig performs? I'll add you right away! ... And hey... I'm not placed last anymore!
    Yeah, I thought I might start by doing someone a favor by pushing them out of last place! Actually I began setting up for the Winter Solstice Challenge of PrimeGrid's Challenge Series: 17 Dec 2008 12:04 UTC – 21 Dec 2008 12:04 UTC. (Maybe that's why others here are focusing on PSP Sieve.) Then I saw this race, and figured, why not see how my Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core does here, as least for speed, even though there's no chance of catching up. It'll be fun anyway! Oh -- and thanks, NeoGen, for adding me to the stats.

Site Admin
    For best performance on PSP Sieve we found out that a 64bit OS makes all the difference. Nobody with a 32bit OS has reached 30 credits/hour, while the guys with 64bit OS'es (either Windows or Linux) can make it over 60 and sometimes even over 70 credits per hour.
    The Winter Solstice challenge starts in 3 days, you still have time to install a 64bit OS there.

And by the way... I guess we're all participating on the challenge this time. No one needs to sign up for it, just crunch PSP Sieve, right? That's what we're doing already.

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by meshmar View Post
    I think I have a very slight edge that will let me slowly catch up. We'll have to wait and see if it's enough.
    I think it's working meshmar, the gap between you and vaughan seems to be slowly shrinking. As of this last update to the stats, it's around 300 credits only.

Vaughan, to keep things interesting, can you adjust the turbocharger some more?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    For best performance on PSP Sieve we found out that a 64bit OS makes all the difference. Nobody with a 32bit OS has reached 30 credits/hour, while the guys with 64bit OS'es (either Windows or Linux) can make it over 60 and sometimes even over 70 credits per hour.
    The Winter Solstice challenge starts in 3 days, you still have time to install a 64bit OS there.

And by the way... I guess we're all participating on the challenge this time. No one needs to sign up for it, just crunch PSP Sieve, right? That's what we're doing already.
    We need to get more members actively crunching on PSP Sieve - 32 or 64 bit.
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

Site Admin
    Meshmar, your Average Credit per hour is already higher than vaughan's but those storms over there seem to not have an end. Vaughan's gaining a lead again, and Jason is right behind you.
    I just know you're going to ask Santa for a UPS this christmas.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast