Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Quest Contest

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Well, new stats are up, but I'm unsure if the tweak is working or not.
    The gap is now at 2.5K, but if the tweak forced a pit stop like for vaughan the other day, then the gap might have been at some point even shorter and now be increasing again. We'll have to see in the next stats run.

Maybe the thunderstorm and associated power outage might have something to do with that

You can see that my new minimum crunch time gives me a slight edge when the box is up and running, though
    Last edited by meshmar; 12-11-2008 at 11:37 AM.
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I can imagine the sirens playing tonight at meshmar's house when he sees the last update to the stats.

RED ALERT! RED ALERT!
    All personnel to battle stations!
    This is NOT a drill!

Check the stats guys!

more storms and more power outages. This is really frustrating. Got the box fine tuned to stay ahead and Mother Nature is being a real mother

The power company isn't helping any, either.

For sympathy pains, turn off your contest box for 6 to 8 hours

Last edited by meshmar; 12-11-2008 at 10:48 PM.
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

Site Admin
    Meshmar, you said that the lowest score was lower than vaughan's, but beware because that might have been a lucky WU you had. Vaughan's average turnaround for PSP Sieve is still faster than yours, as well as average credit per workunit.

I'm trying to develop something here to show the last day's credits or something similar, but until then be careful, statistics can be deceiving at times.

... And now that I look at it, what the heck is wrong here?? The statsman is not supposed to be placed last! I have to fix this!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Meshmar, you said that the lowest score was lower than vaughan's, but beware because that might have been a lucky WU you had. Vaughan's average turnaround for PSP Sieve is still faster than yours, as well as average credit per workunit.
    My average is still higher because of the previous WUs in the mix. If you look at the turnaround on a daily basis ... Now If I could just keep the power on It's been off 5 times today
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Quote Originally Posted by meshmar View Post
    more storms and more power outages. This is really frustrating. Got the box fine tuned to stay ahead and Mother Nature is being a real mother

The power company isn't helping any, either.

For sympathy pains, turn off your contest box for 6 to 8 hours

Meshmar, that's not thunder you're hearing, that's my Opty coming down your road

And I believe I am exempt from shutting my contest box off, I already gave you a two day head start when the power knocked me out

looking at stats you can really tell who is on 32 and 64 bit os/boinc

Site Admin
    Stats update!

Check out to see if meshmar kept his lead or if vaughan managed to jump ahead. I know the answer already but I won't say.

This weekend I have to optimize the stats process somewhat. It is taking nearly 2 hours from start to end. I currently have data on over 35K Workunits from everyone alltogether, and growing several thousands every day. And we're still halfway on the contest yet.

Over 10 hours total without power can make a big difference

Maybe I can stay on long enough to slip back by.
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

I don't dare go near my race computer. The air conditioner is blowing cool air on to it to help keep the temps steady at 53C per core. Ambient is 31C in the room today. Glad the Zalman 9700LED is doing its job nicely.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast