Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1 Million in Prime Grid

Congrats to Tamaster!

You must have been one of the first to get the ATI Card cranking and cracking on Linux! I Just received my 3rd badge at PrimeGrid myself (I decided to skip the 'easy PPS Sieve points' for a while, using the GTX260 for cranking up my DNETC score).
    If we keep up our present rate with PPS Sieve we will soon pass Ukraine and BOINC.SK and perhaps the UK BOINC Team in total score.
    Meanwhile Team Ars Technica has passed us in average daily result, undoubltly due to their upbuilding effort at the coming Winter Solistice Challenge.
    I promise I'll buy an additional GPU to be able to have one dedicated to PrimeGrid, unfortunately I have no PCIE boards free at the moment.
    Guess it will have to be a AGP HD 4650, they go at around 45 Euro's 2nd hand at the moment (and around some 75 Euros new).
    I may try to replace my HD3870 with something better as well though, saw some 4850 cards for around 50-60 Euros on the 2nd hand market.
    I had already promised my son the HD3870 as a temporary card in his upcoming new system I will build for him when he finishes university.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-12-2010 at 09:01 AM. Reason: on Linux

I joined with my 4850. Been running it on MilkyWay, time to see how it goes on PrimeGrid.

Congratulations Tamaster, Job Well done!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

We've just passed team BOINC.SK, and are in hot pursuit to team Ukraine. UK BOINC Team has slackened off a little, so they are still within reach. Behind them looms Team Norway, which will probably be reached sooner than the UK BOINC Team, as their average is quite low. However, we have some 12 million credits to go to be even near their total result.

And we've passed the Ukraine too! If all members set their -usable- GPU's working on this project we might be able to set a good score for both team and individual members -as PrimeGrid pays very well for the effort- during the Solistice Challenge.

Hi team,

We are now as a team on the verge of breaching the 100,000,000-mark at PrimeGrid, and have closed in to a mere 4 million on the UK BOINC team. At this speed we will pass the UK team in about 8 days, and Team Norway 8 days later.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Seems we are doing good on Primegrid!

I just recently made my 1st 1,000,000 credits on a boinc project, and it was right here on Primegrid. And I'm still going.

I did notice that a hurricane called bwhite passed by me at an incredible speed and bumped me down a spot on the team rankings. Beware guys!

Just getting ready for the upcoming challange in primegrid pps. I think the team will do really well!!

I have my first new box in many years...so am just having fun with it

BTW I did use my signal and waved on the way past

Quote Originally Posted by Tamaster View Post
    Well... It's official. I finally broke the 1M mark (thanks to the HD4850 I finally got crankin').

Welcome to the 7 digit club - not that I've been here/there that long
    Last edited by Area 51; 12-16-2010 at 06:23 PM.

With both boxes running prime grid it didn't take long to join the 7 digit club

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast