Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AQUA@Home

New project - AQUA@Home

i wasnt offered they just gave it to me lol

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    We've moved up to 5th place but 4th will take a few more people to join in the fun.

Bok doesn't have it listed in his stats yet. He had founded the Free-DC team in this project yesterday so maybe he's waiting on XML stats to be exported or something.
    willy does on boincstats mind you the last xml update occurred on 1969-12-31 23:00:00 GMT lol i wasnt even born then lol

New project - AQUA@Home

Stats for Aqua@Home (http://aqua.dwavesys.com/) added here (http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=aqu) ..

Interesting new project though I haven't received my password yet from the automatic user it set up for me

Bok

I see the usual suspects are already hard at work chasing 100K on it :p
    __________________________________________________ ___________

(I received this as I have an automatic send posts when new projects are added to Bok's Free-Dc Stats pages.. Above you see Bok's remark about the project)

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

AQUA@Home

Update: I am receiving good points Values now. The length of each work unit can run anywhere from 6 minutes to about 17 hours. (All work units tell you they are around 11 to 16 hours long in estimation)

From conversing with other members I have found that AMD processors are receiving more credit then Intel's. This project with my systems are producing almost as much credit as the ABC@home project. That's a lot of Credit people.

One flaw so far is that the work units do not have any stop points, so if you halt the work unit at anytime you have to start over.

Cowabunga: We have lost our place over the course of the last 3 weeks as we are now hovering at 16th place. IF anyone who crunches BOINC would like to stop in and help out, now is the time...

My 2 (4200+'s) systems on board with this project are averaging about 1200 points per dual core machine, imagine what you can be doing~!

I came back from vacation yesterday and started up BOINC. Back to crunching on AQUA.

Proj unavailable currently. Wont let me join. Oh well...

AQUA@Home

Just a reminder to you new Crunchers on board. There are no Check Points or Stop Points. So if your system switches between projects every 60 minutes, you will never finish these work units. They need to be constantly on at this time, in the message boards they are mentioning that they will be changing this in the future but not right now!

Hope This Helps

AQUA@Home

In light of an impending Freezing Rain forecast and impending electrical outages, I am letting the current work units finish, but not allowing new work units to begin.

At least till the storm is past...

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/radar_tab.php

AQUA@Home

I am back crunching like a banshee, Storm is over lets move forward!

AQUA@Home - Milestones

Milestones achieved today:

Vaughan rained in 50,000 points

Liuqyn rained in 100,000 points

Nice Job Gentlemen, keep up the great participation!

We have moved up to 14th place overall with this continued effort, great job to everyone crunching this project.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast