Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phenom II's are out!

Phenom II's are out!

Don't know if anyone noticed, but there are two brand new Phenom II quads out. the X4 920 at 2.8Ghz and the X4 940 at 3.0Ghz. They are both the 45nm Denebs. Newegg has the 940 for $275 and Tigerdirect has it at $299, I haven't checked any where else. GO GET'UM BOYS !!

yeah i have noticed but if i had the money to get one now, i would most likely wait till next month to get socket am3 version rather then socket am2+ version

Edit for Australian users i just spoken to salesperson at msy.com.au auburn branch they have both 920 and 940 in stock $429 and $489 is pricing
    Last edited by Danish Dynamite; 01-09-2009 at 05:33 AM.

Thanks for the update DD. I e-mailed IJK at Enfield and they said 3-4 days from order placement and price is $525 for the 940 model.

from the prices in the usa and current conversion rate i worked out we are being overcharged at the moment by about 100 dollars, i have talked to a sales person at computer target they are going to email me with prices on monday i guess

exchange rates from xe.com
    275.00 USD= 388.485 AUD
    United States Dollars Australia Dollars
    1 USD = 1.41267 AUD 1 AUD = 0.707878 USD

299.00 USD= 422.528 AUD
    United States Dollars Australia Dollars
    1 USD = 1.41314 AUD 1 AUD = 0.707645 USD

I'm not going to be rushing down to the store any time soon. By the time the chip, and the new m/b, plus the ddr3 memory, it will be a pricey item, and the question is really whether or not it would really be worth the monetary layout. The other item is that a fairly decent gpu could be purchased for the same amount that would put out more work, granted only on specific projects. But after just picking some gpu's I've pretty much spent what I'm spending this year. I've already purchased my non-upgradable phenom 9850be, m/b and dead end ddr2 memory and this constantly nitpicking upgrade process they are doing isn't fitting in with my budget. Sorta reminds me of the two stories of the boy and the wolf, wolf, and the other one of the boy with the finger in the dike.
    Last edited by Brucifer; 01-09-2009 at 07:41 AM.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    he he
    that's funny
    but it's not
    I know what you mean

thank goodness for FOSS or I would not have even half the hardware I have now.
    my tax-rebate purchases happen in july-august so I'll have to wait a good while before I know if this year brings me any significant upgrades
    would be nice though, eh?

[AMDave trots off to get another lottery ticket]
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

the way i see it, i have read report of phenom II 940 going past 6.213ghz (stock 3ghz) i have noticed a few post re 6.3 ghz , intel cant even that match sort of overclocking with LN2 from what i understand or over 4ghz on air or 5 ghz on water, whether you choice to use an AM2+ or AM3 mobo that is totally up to you, to me it sounds like amd are getting things together AND IT IS WORKING THIS TIME AROUND ( caps are not a mistake)

Phenom II's are out!

Let's say I was interested in purchasing one of these new Processors!

What MoBo name would best be accompany such a purchase and add in a model number you feel would best do the trick if you were planning on OC'ing the blasted thing once you got it?

Thanks in advance

Yes I want to wait for the AM3 style versus the AM2+

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I wonder if I can retrofit my water cooled 8 way early barcelona setup with 2 new phenoms on my tyan socket F motherboard. Do these new cpu's fit a socket F setup?

not that I've heard, sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast