Thread: New Laptop

New Laptop

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218041150023

This is my first experience with Vista... Overall it isn't too bad... It's very pretty... lol

Nice one 'Beer , good price too. I recently reinstalled Vista Business onto a spare drive with a Opteron 180 and HD 3870 video card running it, I must say it runs worlds better than when I first bought it a year ago and had it with a XP3200 and ATI 9800 pro card !!

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

Call me crazy but I really like Vista... I also really like this laptop... It's one of my better purchases.

How hot does it run?

I've got an HP laptop with an Intel P4 CPU and it runs so hot the fans whirr like a hovercraft. When I used to use it as my main workhorse it was embarrassing in meetings or giving PowerPoint slide shows as it became the focal point and not what we were having the meeting to discuss.

Its a dedicated eOn and Dimes dinosaur now.

It runs very cool. It came with a 12 cell battery, so the back actually sticks up about 2 inches. That allows for air circulation... It also gives the laptop a nice tilt when typing. We are actually thinking about getting my wife one to replace her laptop. Her HP is about 4 to 5 years old and is starting to so signs of being tired. Her computer gets super hot and sounds like yours Vaughan. I am running Dimes and Whatpulse on that machine only. I had to stop running CPU intensive programs cause it would literally bog down the machine and make it unusable. Crazy thing is, it was $1300 when I bought it and it was top of the line. Laptops have come a long way since 1.6 centrino's with 512 MB of RAM.

i does sound like a very nice lap top comp with 4gb of ram

It's upgradeable to 8GB's but I don't think it's worth it... I'm sure 4 will be plenty. The only thing I don't like about Vista is the annoying UAC popups. But it's actually a good feature. At least until the viruses come out that can bypass that. I'm sure they are already out there though.

nah i wouldn't be upgrading ram, 4gb should be plenty i reckon(for now), i haven't played around with vista nor do i intend on doing do

I had only heard bad things about Vista. I totally intended to install XP Pro first thing, but before I did I wanted to play around with it. As of right now, I'm staying with Vista...