Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't sleep

Can't sleep

Sitting here tonight in the middle of a big wind storm. Really blowing out there tonight. Have a huge tree right outside my room in the neighbor's yard. I keep waiting for that thing to come apart one of these times. Ever since my days down along the river outside of Memphis and having a couple tornadoes hop over the house, life just hasn't been the same for me in wind storms for some strange reason.

Yesterday we had snow all over the place, then along came a chinook last night and melted the majority of it. And then the winds just kept up all day a then really started increasing this evening. Really weird weather this winter.

sorry to hear that you can not sleep due to winds (lol atleast the winds are outside)

a Chinook, what is that exactly when i read it i was thinking a helicopter but i am guess it might be something else

yes you are right about the weather it is a bit weird lately, we have been having some really hot days here was 42c (107.6f) yesterday and 40c (104f) today we are expecting a cold change tonight and should be 26c (78.8f)tomorrow

Can't Sleep

Here in the NE we have had an overflow in the last 3 years of ice storms, in a normal winter season we may see one a year. So far this year we have seen 5, and they keep getting us more and more moisture. For the month of December we were over 6.5 inches over our regular monthly rate.

The intensity of the storms and the duration is what is changing our seasons. Most storms have had small amounts of time sitting here pouring rain or sleet or snow on us. But these last few years have seen an increase in duration making for longer more powerful devastating storms..

Gentlemen this is all due to too much Carbon Dioxide in the earths atmosphere. We ruined the earths atmosphere when they destroyed the Amazon jungle and burned it all down. Now the earth can not handle the deluge of excessive CO2 pumped into the air.

Next stop living on MARS.... Lets just not ruin that habitat too.
    Last edited by Nflight; 01-07-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Danish Dynamite View Post
    sorry to hear that you can not sleep due to winds (lol atleast the winds are outside)

a Chinook, what is that exactly when i read it i was thinking a helicopter but i am guess it might be something else

yes you are right about the weather it is a bit weird lately, we have been having some really hot days here was 42c (107.6f) yesterday and 40c (104f) today we are expecting a cold change tonight and should be 26c (78.8f)tomorrow
    A chinook is a warm wind, that melts the snow. We get quite a few of them. Second one this winter within a couple week period. The spastical thing about it is that while we will be getting the warm wind, the mountains around us will be getting snow storms, and the passes closed to boot.

Here in Sundsvall in the middle of Sweden we have now 40 cm snow and 8 degree below zero at least 14 days. One day we had 20 degrees below zero and this temperature we had last 20 years back. The weather is so unusual because it use to snow, rain, freeze and melt every winter since 10 years back.
    It is much better when it is little cold a longer time rather than it will rain when it is winter.

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Gentlemen this is all due to too much Carbon Dioxide in the earths atmosphere. We ruined the earths atmosphere when they destroyed the Amazon jungle and burned it all down. Now the earth can not handle the deluge of excessive CO2 pumped into the air.

Next stop living on MARS.... Lets just not ruin that habit too.
    I don't think we'll make it that far. Reality is that the human race just isn't as bright as it thinks it is. One of the fundamental issues is just too many people on the planet. We can apply animal husbandry to farming/ranching, but we can't seem to apply it to ourselves. Right away everyone starts in yelling the nazi thing, or popping up the religion issue. Meanwhile we continue overpopulating the planet and killing off everything else in the process. We profess to know everything about anything. We don't know the global weather driving factors. We don't know what drives so many things like the whole universe, etc., that also have an impact on our little old solar system. While there's a lot of carbon in the atmosphere, it isn't the highest it's been in the planet's history. And what the causes were then, our cars, fires, airplanes, etc., didn't cause that. So while undoubtedly the cars, airplanes, fires, humans, etc., aren't helping matters, I think the whole problem and cycle is just a teensy bit more involved that what we know about. Humans can't even agree to disagree. We are basically just a fart in the huge dust-storm of time. The planet was spinning along before we got here, and it will be spinning along long after we are gone.

So how's that? That ought to generate some posting.

Global warming is equal and opposite to Global Dimming.

Minor perturbations here and there, but they were happening LONG before man was around.

Cosmic rays have a real effect on cloud formation in the upper atmosphere.

Let the arguments begin........
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Anyway, disregarding global warming or not, we have some ferocious flooding here in Washington State. Really hit hard are the rivers on the Eastern side of the Cascade Mountain Range. A couple areas over there were hit hard in the recent past too and were still working at recovery from that. And another flood warning has been in effect for the Walla Walla area as they had a bunch of snow there, and much rapid melting from the winds. This really hits whole communities very hard in multiple ways as on top of the current economic wind-down, many more jobs are lost as businesses are destroyed. And the insurance companies leave a lot of people hanging, like what happened with the Katrina fiasco in New Orleans, and others. So it is sad to watch families losing everything, really sad. And besides the flooding, all the moisture in the mountains has a lot of avalanches and mud slides happening, which is closing a lot of highways and freeways. Meanwhile more wind and rain which means more snow melting.

Can't Sleep

Global Warming Global dimming, mox nix!

IN the past at several intervals larger densities of Carbon Dioxide did exist, they were brought on by meteorites that came crashing down from outer space. They were intruders from outer space, they did originate from earth as is happening right now. We the inhabitants have reduced our Brazilian Jungle Air Freshener by destroying the only naturally absorbing CO2 devices.

Destroy the Chlorophyll, then increase the smokestack output and what do you end up with ? Increases in the CO2 ppm around the globe.

When the meteorites landed on the earths surface they disrupted the air contents with pushing dust high into the air and keeping it there for long periods of time. Destroying the natural fluctuations percentages of Air ingredients. We are talking nitrogen at ~ 80%, Oxygen ~ 18%, and all others comprising the remaining ~ 2%. that little 2 % is the most critical amount that defines are living on this planet and the ultimate demise of the human population. It is small but fragile to our existence. Yes the earth has seen more interruptions but humans were not on the planet at that time nor could we have avoided the planetoids pounding our round sphere. Most large encumbrances of meteorites fell more then 65 million years ago. The Tungusta event in 1912 was the latest to be of such magnitude to destroy a large area of land based life.

Have you noticed the flowers do not smell as nice as they used to when you were younger? It is not because of age that the scent has dissappeared. It is due to the increse in CO2 that is directly affecting our nasal passages. As the increases continue our nasal passages are affected other ways including the burning sensation that appears more often. That burning sensation is from too much CO2 present in the air, you are bringing in through your nose. There is mucus in your nasal passages and when CO2 brushes over these mucus membranes the water based fluids in our body coagulate with the CO2, which develops into what is known in Chemistry as Carbonic Acid. You are lowering the pH level of the mucus and causeing your nose to sting uncontrollably.

Sure we are dealing with a Solar flare cycle of 11 years at present and that does rain change in our weather patterns. It also causes horrible problems in radio communications, I know this from being a HAM radio Operator. I am not denying the facts about what is happening I just want you to also be aware the facts come from different points of view as well.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I just want you to also be aware the facts come from different points of view as well.
    and I never said they didn't.

The problem with all this is that we can even get governments to agree on trade agreements... and people seriously think we are going to get these same governments to agree on all the stuff that would have to be done to reverse or mitigate to any noticeable degree the carbon footprint of the human race????? And that's not even taking into account any of the religious differences that would come into play if such agreement could even come about. We can't even get countries to stop fighting. Nope, we don't need nukes for any "mutually assured destruction" when all we have to do to accomplish it is just keep on going like we are. Who really knows, maybe in the grand design of the universe, it was planned that we would come along and destroy it all to set the stage for the next life's cycle.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast