Thread: How come?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How come?

Why does Wieferich@Home show my dual core laptop as 1 core being 160 MHz and the other core 308 MHz?? Can this be corrected?

It sure can, and easily too, take it back to Best Buy, and trade it in for an AMD

That's unusual Beerknurd, I haven't seen that phenomenon before. Try this:
    stop the client (click X in top right hand corner). Check that Wieferich is not running by using Windows Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del). If it is still present end the process. Now restart the Wieferich client from your desktop icon and check to see what it reports as the CPU again. If it is still wrong visit the forum as www.elmath.org and post a message about it. Jan Dobes the Project Admin is very good at responding to queries.

Can I ask if you are using the latest release version or one of the Beta clients? Have you used and of the client tweaks eg setting memory use to Extreme?
    Last edited by vaughan; 01-15-2009 at 09:55 PM.

Ok, I tried what you said Vaughan and it was still the same. I posted a message on the boards.

http://www.elmath.org/forum/board_02...php?topic=94.0

i am wondering if it has something to do with power management ?

jandobes posted a reponse advising me to download the beta client. He said that should fix the problem.

http://www.elmath.org/files/beta/bin/2.1/

I will try it when I get home...

I wouldn't use the Beta client if you have quads or highly overclocked CPUs. A couple of our guys were having instances lock up completely with the Beta client. Returned to the production client and things were fine.

It has also been noted that the production client appears to be both a little faster and have a smaller memory footprint.

See here and here.

Incidentally, you guys were not the target of our running up to ladder. Our business is with Norway.