Thread: 26-31 Jan 2009 Challenge

26-31 Jan 2009 Challenge

PrimeGrid's 2009 Challenge Series starts off with a fire cracker bang! Please come join us in the Chinese New Year, the Year of the Ox, for a 5 day (120 hour - 26th-31st Jan) Challenge on PrimeGrid's 321 Prime Search (LLR) application.

For more information, please see this forum thread.

Note: Tasks can take 12 hours to crunch so set a small cache.
    Last edited by vaughan; 01-24-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Note added

have put comps onto this, using 0.25 day cache

It looks like I've been stuck with slow wingmen. Pendings are stacking up
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

from challenge forum,

Scores will be kept for individuals and teams. Only work units issued AFTER 26 January 2009 18:00 UTC and received BEFORE 31 January 2009 18:00 UTC will be considered for credit. We will use the "prime score" method which is based on the n value (k*b^n-1) to score the challenge. The only difference is that the primary and double checker of a WU will receive the same score.

Therefore, each completed WU will earn a unique score based on its n value. The higher the n, the higher the score. This is different than BOINC cobblestones! A quorum of 2 is NOT needed to award Challenge score - i.e. no wingman. Therefore, each returned result will earn a Challenge score. Please note that if the result is eventually declared invalid, the score will be removed.

that's funny - they claim no wingman needed, but it took over 24 hours for WUs from that time frame to receive Contest credits ... and all were waiting for a wingman. Did I get credit? Yes, eventually.
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

ohh, well....

well as a team we are currently 7th
    Liuqyn is currently 12/399
    Vaughan is 24/399
    i am 77/399
    and meshmar is 136/399
    and appears that we only have 4 people on this challenge at this point in time (see above i dont know if list only goes to 399 or if thats all the people doing challenge at this point of time), i really hope a few other people may be able to help out here