Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's up???

What's up???

Sure seems like things are really getting dead around here lately. Then I'll head over to FDC, and it sure seems like things are really slowing down there too. I haven't been following teams stats positions or points accumulations, but now I'm wondering if people are slowing down on crunching? As I read the stuff out on the net and watch the economic situation worsening for the most part, I'm left wondering if that is impacting the crunching world? I'm really wondering if it is going to impact any of the projects. Seti was having a heck of a go getting funding and begging for money during the supposed good times, I wonder how it's going for them now, and the others too.

I agree with you Brucifer. Its been too quiet here at AMD Users. I guess that most folk are busy in Real Life and just crunch away in the background. I'm sorry I couldn't organise a February Race but work has been very full on recently and I barely have time to check every computer in my pharm once a day. I hope you don't wander off to what you perceive as greener pastures because your comments and feedback are engaging here at AMDU.

What's up???

I have become overly busy as I picked up a part-time job to cover the bills recently. Unfortunately the company found out I was a good worker now my days are sometimes 12 hours or more. It sure isn't part time anymore. This week alone I should have over 80 hours, and now I have caught a cold with fever to make things even worse.

I do miss the good chatter on the forum - Don't fret I will return once some normalcy can be found. I am not going anywhere at this time.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I have noticed the quietness around here. For my own part, I don't have anything relevant to contribute. But I do read all the new posts.

I might have no job after Mar 11. If that's the case, all my machines will go off.

Let's hope not.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

I agree it's been quiet, but if everyone else is worried about their jobs and working as much as they can just to pay the bills like I am then it's entirely understandable.I don't know personally how much more bad news we all can take before someone or a lot of people go " postal "...my retirement 401K is down about 80%, my brother in law has lost all of his because he worked for Circuit City for about 20 years and put all of his retirement into their stock because of their matching funds...now they are bankrupt....and I know he is not alone in this.
    How much longer before their is chaos ???

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

I have a new son and my job takes alot out of me. When I get home I just want to chill out. I still log in a few times a day and read the posts. I am still crunching on 8 cores. But I apologize for being so quiet. I think the big problem over the entire DC world, is there are just too many projects now. Back when I started crunching, there were a lot less projects and we all contributed to them and discussed them, Now there are hundreds of them dragging all of our members in diffrent directions. People tend to only contribute in the forum of the projects that they are running and disregard everything else. Most of the activity on our forums lately is about GPU crunching. I really have no interest in that nor do I have the money to upgrade my boxes. So I usually breeze past those threads.

I think that is the major problem. There are just too many projects pulling everyone in different directions. But we are all here and crunching away to the best of our ability.

So login when you can, post when you got something to say, and keep on crunching...

I'm busy with my new job. I check the board when i can during the day to keep up....and now i have to head off to werk....busy..busy...
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ototero View Post
    I might have no job after Mar 11. If that's the case, all my machines will go off.

Let's hope not.
    yes, that would really suck! Not to mention all your work on the stats going down the tube....

I've been keeping busy with work and my apprentice program. I have to agree with Beerknurd on the many projects. I haven't been reading up on the projects that I'm not working on.

I have been busy at work and just changed jobs again. I haven't had much time to devote to selecting a new project. I am happy to say that I currently have the fastest quad core on nqueens (per the average credit) which puts me at #3 in the overall rankings. The #1 and #2 spots have an octa-core setup. When I get some more time I will change over to a new project, not sure when though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast