Thread: Linux Setup

Linux Setup

'Ello, Remember me?

Anyhow, I'm looking to run this again properly. However I'm running it on linux and I want to set it up correctly...

A) I want to limit the bandwidth it uses. Just so it wont use 1Gb a day or something silly.
    According to the website it gives me (localhost:1088) it says I've used 47Mb in the 18 minutes I've had this running.
    I cant find an option to say crawl 100Mb a day then shutdown, yet I'm sure there was similiar on the windows client.

B) Cant think of anything else at the minute However I'm sure something might come up. I assume bucket size is fixed?

Happy Belated Birthday Drezha

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Thanks

On topic again, I think I can just set the crawl rate to something slow (like 10Kb/s rather than the 400+Kb/s I had it set to...

And set it up so it doesn't do more than 1Gb a month.

The profiles section wont take 0.1Gb as a figure -doesn't like the .

Just limit the number of crawlers or amount of time it can run. I've not seen a quantity per month time period limit.

BTW, I'm back on this - but with reduced crawers. I couldn't get Dimes to work right - just like last time. With MJ-12 at half speed I barely notice the slow-down with other non-bandwidth intensive applications.

Another BTW: For those of us that have it; you have to shut down or pause MJ-12 if you plan to use MagicJack. (magicjack.com).
    Last edited by Steve Lux; 03-17-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Added the "month".