Thread: cheating is bad...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

cheating is bad...

Guys... here's something for us to learn from example of what NOT to do...

March 22, 2009 BOINC@Poland
    I call on BOINC@Poland to stop cheating by using manipulated BOINC clients or scripts. Furthermore I claim the BOINC code you changed - I don't understand polish, so I hope I just haven't seen a link in your forum. If there's really no link, it is illegal to distribute the executable due to the GNU General Public License. However it is: stop - or bear the consequences.
    http://boinc.freehal.org/projects/freehal_at_home/

If you ever feel the rush to cheat, make sure you don't get caught.

Now seriously... hope no one on our Team feels the rush to try anything similar, the consequences can affect the whole Team.

Great, is the admin going to reset everyone's credits for the third time because of one bad team?

hmmmm..... Accusations of cheating should be very specific as the hammer can fall both ways. In reading the initial post in this thread, and going to the web site url, I find the accusation a little bit fuzzy to say the least. Are they accused of using enhanced "boinc" code, or the client code for the project? The boinc code doesn't really crunch the project work units. One would presume then that they are dinking around with the way the points are calculated from the boinc end or??? Maybe the intelligence is a little artificial? LOL a pun of course.

But then the points issue has always been my biggest beef with boinc as they favor windows over linux.