Thread: Congrats Meshmar (Pirates)

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

Congrats Meshmar (Pirates)

Congrats Meshmar.

After dodging your parries and thrusts in Pirates for the last year, you finally skewered me right through the middle with a 3:2 output day.

Now it is my turn to to chase you off the plank.

ARRR!
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Congrats Meshmar!

Maybe there should be a Keelhauling ceremony since pirates were involved?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keelhauling

Last edited by mitchellds; 04-08-2009 at 06:45 PM.

Keelhauling... Reminds me of the one time our sub (SSBN 630) stopped for a swim party in a fairly tropical part of the Atlantic ocean. Our boat had a beam of 33' wide (some call it athwartship - but that term is hardly used any more) and had a draft of 27'. We had 4 binocular and rifle-bearing lookouts to keep the sharks off us. All was well until I swam under the boat to the other side. It's one thing to swim such a distance under the water in a pool. It's incredibly more challenging in the open ocean.

Being a bit on the immature side as sadly all too many young men tend to be, when the Captain asked me, not all that kindly either; "What the (expletive removed) I was thinking of by swiming under his ship." I discoved that saying "No one said not to.", shruging and then saying, "I was thinking about seeing if I could swim back under it again." are apparently the wrong kind of answers. Among the several high volume rants after I was told to get a certain part of my anatomy to which I am firmly attached below deck, I picked up something about; "If this were back in the day I'd keelhaul his scrawny ass."

The Captain had gotten word that the US Navy was going to outlaw swim parties, so he decided that giving one for the crew would be good for morale. We grilled out on the missile deck. I got a steak passed down to me by the guys. Anyhow, the reference to keelhauling reminded me.

Anyhow, congrats Meshmar. Getting 1st in anything around here in this crowd is kind of tough.
    Last edited by AMDave; 04-15-2009 at 06:04 AM.

Swimming under HIS ship you say ?? Probably the same thing I would say if I was Captain, did you cross the Equator while on the sub ?? If so did you stop and get initiated ?? My wife's uncle told me about his adventures crossing the Equator during WW2, about his certificate he received and such and the goings on during the initiation from being a Pollywog to a Shellback. He said he was a golden Shellback, what it that ?

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

Thanks everyone.

Speaking of Navy ...

I am a Plank Owner of a Submarine; Blue Nose; Shellback and Frozen Stiff
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".