Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DistRTGen user

DistRTGen user

I've just been asked about one of the users on your DistRTGen team..

meiskam

Pretty outrageous scores from 2 machines Though I don't see anything wrong with the Floating point calculations at all. xml data is showing the same thing, so if there is an error, it's on the project side.

website shows the same thing...

Now I know there was supposed to be a GPU app on the horizon, so is this what we are seeing here ?

Curious more than anything

Bok

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    He's got thousands of canceled workunits (canceled server-side for being redundant)... Is there an option on the boinc server side to award credits to canceled workunits? Did the project admins forget to turn that off?

sometimes I wish it would, we waste our bandwidth to download a WU just to have it canceled by the server and then we have to download another.

Quote Originally Posted by liuqyn View Post
    sometimes I wish it would, we waste our bandwidth to download a WU just to have it canceled by the server and then we have to download another.
    Watch out for 'Almere Grid BOINC', you download 10 meg files for just one point! OUCH

Sorry off subject

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I noticed meiskam's credit 'issue' also. His computer (laptop likely) has a Pentium M 1.73 MHz, and as Bok pointed out, the FPU and integer speeds are within reason for that CPU. The BOINC version is 6.4.5, which was a stable, release version of the client. DistrRTgen is the only project he is running, and I'm pretty sure he joined our team just recently. DistrRTgen has a fixed 50 credits/wu, so he's not receiving anything more that what is allowed. Your all's guess is as good as mine.

It is quite stunning for that computer to be turning out numbers that the highest powered Core i7 couldn't reach!

Hey I need a new laptop - I wonder if I can buy one of those mega-crunchers

It's been corrected now.... server-side fault.

dang, was hoping it was a GPU app :p

Now, with that situation cleared up, there is this to contend with:

Admin of FreeRainbowTables.com is going to change!

"I have to say that i took a decision to pull myself out of the freerainbowtables.com project.

To allow freerainbowtables.com to continue running, I'm looking for another person to host and administer the project.
    To opt-in send me a PM or email telling why you want to be the next head of the project and what plans you have for the future of freerainbowtables.com
    The person i finds that will suit the project the best will recieve all of the sourcecode of the project, including the server code, php code and the running copy of the database, allowing the person to continue running freerainbowtables.com like always, hopefully adding more to the project than i have been able to do in the last few months.
    It will of course also include that i point the freerainbowtables.com domain to the 'winners' server."

Unfortunately, we may have another BOINC project with problems on the horizon...

DistRTGen user

My Virus Checking program will not allow access to the main page of DistRTGen, so I can not run this program at all while running Trend Micro. Anyone else have this problem..

Trend Micro calls this site a major threat...?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Symantec Endpoint is not showing any issues for me.
    It may be a false alarm, but these days one can never be too sure... is that Trend Micro alarm something recent? I mean... did it work before and now with the latest update it blocked the site? Or was it something that was already happening before?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast