Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lets have a race!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    For example, if contest start is at midnight (GMT), the accepted time for switching projects and caching would be between noon and midnight on GMT schedule, 6 am to 6 pm in the USA (assuming GMT-6 location), and 10 am to 10 pm in Australia (assuming GMT+10 location)
    Sounds good.
    Linux is like a wigwam. No windows. No gates. Apache inside. http://debian.org

Well I don't want to cause a lot of headaches or get people upset about the dumping thing, I thought I would throw that out and see what reaction came back. I'm capable of loading up before a race like everyone else but to be fair I just think races should start the day of the race and not a week before or getting wu's with their deadline being the day of the race.
    Anyway the prizes are very nice, who can we thank for the video cards ?

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAdder View Post
    Anyway the prizes are very nice, who can we thank for the video cards ?
    It's only one video card, the other is an Intel processor.
    The video card donor asked to remain anonymous. The cpu donor, I'm not sure, I'll have to ask, so I won't say it either for now.

I guess I would like to see how my quad does against the big guys. the ID is 1057978
    I look forward to the competition and seeing some competition at WCG if you guys are up for it. Thanks to NeoGen and his helpers for their effort on putting this together.

I don't expect to win with this one, but it's all in good fun anyway, right. 814003

Site Admin
    Where's the dual-cores in this team?

You guys can participate on both categories, just apply different hosts for each.

Neo I have a Opteron 180 dual core which I could put back in service for the race
    I've been enjoying my new Phenom2 940 and haven't bothered to use my 180 since I built this new computer

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

well, just to give some more hosts to track, here's my dual core, 814028

and if your planning a single core, this is my only one, 814036 (also my only intel)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    The special case of the Phenom X3, the only cpu out there with 3 cores, makes it odd for any of the races. It wouldn't be fair to run against dual-cores, and it wouldn't be fair to run against quad-cores. So in all fairness, the best chance for it is to add up another single core to it, making the total of both 4 cores, and have it running in the 4-core race.
    just had a thought about these 3 cores, what if someone's got one with the 4th core unlockable, as far as the project would know it's still a 3 core, then pair it up with a single core and the user would end up with 5 cores in the quad race.

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by liuqyn View Post
    just had a thought about these 3 cores, what if someone's got one with the 4th core unlockable, as far as the project would know it's still a 3 core, then pair it up with a single core and the user would end up with 5 cores in the quad race.
    It is a good question and I don't know how it works either. Has anyone done it here in the Team?
    But I'm hoping that boinc detects that the number of cores has changed and updates it on the host page. It should appear as an "X3 with 4 CPUs".
    Last edited by NeoGen; 05-01-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast