Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lets have a race!!!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    PcManiac, I've teamed up your two duals for the quad race. But liuqyn is right, only 6 cores at most can participate. Choose wisely the best ones you got in your arsenal. If those two are not the ones you wish to have on the race, just say it and I'll change.

Plonk, you may be in luck, as I'm considering delaying the contest start for 7 days. I've been having less free time lately due to sorting out a few issues. In short, I'm unemployed as of this month, and on the health side I have a surgery to perform in a month or so. No big problem, just got to get things on track.

This should give everyone a bit more time to tune up your systems, as well as for more people to sign up.

oh, ok, it looks like i missed where the 11th as start date

EDIT::
    I thought I shouldn't double post

Here is another compy for the race!
    I am going to disable hyper threading for 1061200 if that is ok, and combine these 2?

Thanks Neo!

Will do, and I'm sorry to hear about your job and surgery... be like me and start your own company (it doesn't pay well, but you can't get fired/laid off...)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    PcManiac, I've teamed up your two duals for the quad race. But liuqyn is right, only 6 cores at most can participate. Choose wisely the best ones you got in your arsenal. If those two are not the ones you wish to have on the race, just say it and I'll change.

Plonk, you may be in luck, as I'm considering delaying the contest start for 7 days. I've been having less free time lately due to sorting out a few issues. In short, I'm unemployed as of this month, and on the health side I have a surgery to perform in a month or so. No big problem, just got to get things on track.

This should give everyone a bit more time to tune up your systems, as well as for more people to sign up.
    Last edited by PcManiac; 05-06-2009 at 04:54 AM.
    If you can't make it ... Don't come!
    http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2007/race4b.htm

Site Admin
    You're signed up for both categories now PcManiac.

Guys, I really need to ask for 7 more days before the race starts. This week is becoming short for all the stuff I need to do. As promised, I'm going to start a new kind of "official" thread for the race and copy the top post with the instructions onto it, along with the list of already signed up people. That and send mass email about the contest, that I've been meaning to do since last week.

But to compensate, I'm just about ready to begin some trials with your hosts guys. Think of it as warm up laps.
    If you start running Rosetta I'll start collecting data. I won't show your results to public, that wouldn't be right, but I will PM each of you guys with your own results. Only on the real race I'll be showing the full stats page with everyone on it.

Neo I'm also sad to hear about your job loss and surgery. Will keep you in my prayers. I was going to resurrect my Opty 180 for the dual race and still may but my electric bills are horrible so I'm only running my quad for now.
    Do we still have 7 days more to sign up ??
    Also does the unofficial data collection start today ? all day or a particular time ?
    And thanks for running another AMD Users race too !

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

Site Admin
    Any single cores out there? I had thought about it, and now I'll really do it. I'm offering an AMD Users T-Shirt as prize for a 1-core race. Any old machines still running there?

Liuqyn, I signed you up for the 1-core race with the host id you said back there. Is it ok, or do you wish to change?

BlackAdder - Registration will be open even after contest start. I won't prevent people from joining in if they would like to measure their rigs against others. I think it's always fun even if we can't reach for the prize.
    And yes, I have the data collector running since yesterday for the 4-core participants. I can start giving you some numbers already if you want, by PM of course.

that's cool, as I said, it's the only single core I currently have running. also my quad core host is getting an upgrade this weekend, so any stat crunching you do now will be obsolete afterwards.

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by liuqyn View Post
    that's cool, as I said, it's the only single core I currently have running. also my quad core host is getting an upgrade this weekend, so any stat crunching you do now will be obsolete afterwards.
    If boinc decides to change the host ID for some reason, tell me the new one and I'll update it here.

Single cores? I still have a laptop with a Pentium 120 processor, but I'm not sure it would finish a work unit in only a week. lol

The warm-up trial idea is nice. I'll have to test out Rosetta when I finished my NPLB work.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast