Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Lets have a race!!!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Yup, the next trials PM (in the 15th) will be the last, then the contest starts and everyone will see everyone's machines, in a highly detailed (and quite big) stats page.

What about the poll to determine the other 3 projects? I am waiting to see what those projects will be before deciding whether to participate or not.

Site Admin
    I've been working on that... and it is up!

I thought in more than just a poll, a place where people could have the most information possible to aid in their decisions. And also for aiding in picking the best projects for the race.

I picked up two of your submissions, from a post of sometime ago. In the same post you also said about Yoyo and WCG, and I'm working on adding those as submissions too.
    WCG may be kind of problematic, I have no clue on how to access the detailed stats data of their boinc side.

just curious, how hard would it be to flag each participants start time(first wu download) and then have their end time adjusted accordingly sorta rally style I guess.

Site Admin
    I guess it would be doable yes, with a few adjustments here. Everything we can think of is possible with more or less work.

That model only has the disadvantage that since people start at different times then it's complicated to get everyone in sync and show results before they reach the end of the race.

But it's a race model to keep in mind, I have some in my head too for future contests.

Hi Neogen,

Here's another dual core to add to the fray.
    http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/sh...hostid=1068179

Site Admin
    You're in Mitchell

Guys, let's use the other thread from now on please. Managing two threads on the same topic is becoming complicated and may mislead people.
    I was thinking about locking this one or merging with the other one, but I thought best not to mess around with it, I can't tell what the results would be of a merge.

So... new posts to here -> AMD Users Race

Thanks guys!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567