Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: AMD Users RACE - Finished!!

the sad thing is that 44C isn't abnormal for me (small cramped HTPC case, poorly ventilated old antec case, AMD stock fans) and i would have just let it run... i'm used to 50-60C, altho X3 didn't seem to like 60C... my 939 X2 4600 ran happily at about there year in and out...

I'm ready for the 4-core race. I installed Win7 RC x64 and wanted to try it out. I may get a dual- and single-core system ready later on.

The Host ID is: 1064920

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

Set up my computer for BOINC and everything. Except rather than reusing my old ID, it created a new one. NeoGen, could you please update my ID with 1065357? Thanks.

EDIT: For some reason, BOINC isn't download WUs for all my 4 cores. Only 1 is crunching away...
    EDIT 2: Scratch that. It just decided to download more WUs now.
    Last edited by gamer007; 05-10-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Site Admin
    I have corrected your ID gamer. And I see you already have some WUs there, tomorrow I'm going to do another trial stats run and tell you how you're doing.

Can I be signed up for a race? Host ID is 1058289. I don't remember whether i was registered on this forum previously, but I'm AMD team member since February 7th.

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AbadI)oN View Post
    Can I be signed up for a race? Host ID is 1058289. I don't remember whether i was registered on this forum previously, but I'm AMD team member since February 7th.
    Ah! A fellow AMD User that I've seen time and again on the stats, but not here in the forum. Welcome home!

You forgot to mention the year on the "February 7th".... it's 2007.
    I found you on Rosetta@Home and on WCG as well.
    Rosetta - http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/vi...?userid=145975
    WCG (2005!) - http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/te...Id=Z95RSMBR9N1

I think altough you only registered today, there should be no problem in you racing along, you're a proven AMD User.
    There's only one drawback though, the host ID you supplied is not associated with the Team. I even found odd that the host owner was "Administrator" and not you, but then I figured that it could be a second registration you have.
    Just make sure to switch the host to the "AbadI)oN" user, or join the team with the "Administrator" user (either way works), and then I'll sign you in.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 05-11-2009 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    ...There's only one drawback though, the host ID you supplied is not associated with the Team...
    Seems like I just joined AMD team with the host ID I've provided previusly.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    ...I even found odd that the host owner was "Administrator" and not you, but then I figured that it could be a second registration you have.
    Just make sure to switch the host to the "AbadI)oN" user, or join the team with the "Administrator" user (either way works), and then I'll sign you in.
    Does the owner name depend on the user that runs boinc manager? Then I probably should I create another account on my PC and run boinc there?

PS: Thanks for warm welcome greeting)

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AbadI)oN View Post
    Does the owner name depend on the user that runs boinc manager? Then I probably should I create another account on my PC and run boinc there?
    No need to, actually when you install boinc it already creates a separate user on Windows with lower level permissions to run the applications on a kind of closed environment, and minimize damage in case of a project happens to spread a virus for example.

The owner of a host only depends on the email you use when you attach to the project on boinc manager. If you detach from rosetta and attach again with the email address (and password) of the "AbadI)on" account, that host will go to that account. It will generate a new host id though.

In task manager proccesses boincmgr.exe, boinctray.exe and rosetta* projects are running from Administrator account. So I need do detach rosetta then create "AbadI)oN" account, run boinc there and then attach rosetta?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast