Thread: Space Shuttle Launch

Thumbs up Space Shuttle Launch

I just got back from a couple of days vacation in Titusville and Coco Beach Florida to see the latest Shuttle Launch. Let me tell you, its one of the most awe inspiring sites I've ever seen/heard. The pure power and grace of the launch sure gave me shivers and made me even more proud to be a citizen of a country that produced this technological wonder.

I've been around this world of ours and seen alot interesting things during my life, but after seeing this in person, its hard to imagine how people can turn their back on science and space exploration.

Only 9 more launches left before we retired the fleet and more on the next space chapter .

http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/ev...a-c80a8cce4773
    Last edited by mitchellds; 05-14-2009 at 07:38 PM.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    We are still on our first baby steps on space exploration.

Some day going to space will be an ordinary thing... imagine people going to a shopping center on the moon, or having lunch on MacDonald's in the nearest orbital station.

And yea... I'm pretty sure that the biggest food chains out there will be the first to open a space in space.

It will all happen. Maybe something like DS9 but without all the aliens. Lol
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

why not, don't you like aliens?

Space Shuttle Launch

I am an admirer of space travel, the times of hurtling ourselves into a world we were definitely not prepared enough to challenge back in the sixties. But, today with our technology grasp we can overcome most anything and discover news ways to handle any situation with ease!

I listen to the Amateur Radio HAMS talk via a Link between the earth and the shuttle as it passes over head. Pretty cool stuff.

Sure I think Fast Food will be served in space, who will be first though is the question?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Have you all seen the picture of Hubble being taken out of orbit by the shuttle, with the Sun in the background? Awesome picture!

http://gizmodo.com/5255723/amateur-a...ace-of-the-sun

http://www.skynyx.fr/legault/atlantis_hst_transit.html

wow, those are amazing. talk about retina burn...