Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Race polls - Everyone chips in

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Frederic, I can't take non-boinc projects for this particular event, as I have no way of tracking a specific host on a non-boinc project.
    Non-boinc projects will have to be for a race where I track individuals, no matter how many machines they got. And then comes the thing with the pharmers, the regulars, and etc... but that will be for another day.

I think I added everything you said Bobcat. The 36 WU/cpu/day limit I added as orange, because altough one shouldn't reach the limit, it isn't impossible, in case there's a batch of faulty WUs floating around for example.
    And I added Docking's long WUs as red, because WUs that take more than 8 hours will complicate the contest. Each person would end up only crunching about 20 in the 6 day race.

In the case of the projects with sub-projects, we could also think about which would be the best sub-projects to run on. In Primegrid and Yoyo we can choose the exact sub-project we wish to run on the options, so we could choose a race on a specific subproject.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 05-15-2009 at 09:15 AM.

Just to give my two cents into this discussion:
    from the mentioned projects i would vote for:
    1.Poem(favor this one )
    2.Primegrid
    3.Yoyo
    greetings vel....
    mihi deliberandum est....

What about Enigma? http://www.enigmaathome.net/

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by spikey_richie View Post
    What about Enigma? http://www.enigmaathome.net/
    It's added

Can anyone confirm info on it? I can't remember the last time I run it.

I ran Enigma a few months back and don't recall any problems with the app or work availability, not sure if there were limits or not though.

Quorum = 1
    Last edited by liuqyn; 05-17-2009 at 05:06 PM.

just attached to Enigma with my laptop, appears to not like sending work every request, on initialization said no work available, then after 4 min wait downloaded 100. after a few more tries I now have 240 units for an estimated 9 day buffer.
    very small file sizes including app.

from website: Maximum daily WU quota per CPU, 120/day
    Last edited by liuqyn; 05-17-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Site Admin
    I'll give it a green and trust that the "no work available" was just a slight glitch.

Is the limit 120/cpu/day reachable? I can't think how, unless the WUs are really fast. I gave it an orange for now, but if the limit is not reachable I may bump it up to green.

on my 2.1 Ghz Turon x2 it's taking about 1 hour per unit so could do about 24 per day per core, so unless someone can run 5 times faster there shouldn't be any problems.

Site Admin
    I'll bump it up to green then... Even counting with the possibility of a bad batch of work that would crash 50% of the WUs, still it would not be reachable.

So far that leaves Docking and Enigma head-to-head with 14 points (by features), two very good candidates for a race, as it seems. There doesn't seem to be a favoritism on any project yet. But we could use more people's oppinions.

Remember guys, you can have several favorites, not just a single one. Just please don't pick every project as favorite too. lol
    Last edited by NeoGen; 05-17-2009 at 05:54 PM.

also it seams the wu's vary in length, looking at a q6600 as reference, running 20,40, and 68 minute ranges.
    and the quota must be variable as this host(and several others) is 150/day but even if ran all fast units it would only do about 72/day/core.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast