Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Race polls - Everyone chips in

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Hiya yoyo

I presume you are the top man behind the yoyo@home project. It's great to have you here.

No need to reduce the required RAM on the WUs, it's just us here that are doing a little contest between each others, and we thought about the ecm sub-project as possibility for a quick race (6-days long).

But if it runs faster using more RAM, then more RAM it should have. I am all for accelerating the development of the project.
    Just that it's not so good for our fellows here to race on, we have to choose projects where all machines can run against each others on equal terms. And some may not have the required RAM to run it, so it would cripple the race.

Hi,
    yes sometimes I browser in amdusers forum and also in some others to check what users say about yoyo@home to have a feeling about what I'm doing and make changes in the project.
    For long years I was also a volunteer cruncher. Now I'm on the other side and have to act according to users needs. So listen to my users, provide proper credits and so on. Just try to be a creditable project.
    yoyo

well, I for one enjoy running your project and hope to return some spare cycles there soon.

Site Admin
    Well guys, we're already past halfway in the current race, so it's time to pick another project for next week.

Seeing how the scores are now, I select GeneticLife for the next race. It seems to be a great project for a race, it is currently on top by features points, and we never raced on it so I bet it will be great.

As before, I'll need your host IDs for the project when you can. I'll PM everyone about it. So don't forget now, Race 3 - GeneticLife

Intelligence Realm

haven't ran this in awhile
    - account creation open
    - runs stable (checked several host and didn't see recent errors)
    - windows and linux
    - steady work unit flow
    - 10 tasks per core, 500 daily limit but not likely
    - 32 but only
    - quorum = 1
    - dial-up friendly (6Mb initial download, plus 25Kb wu size, not sure yet on upload size)
    - run times 1-3 hours
    Last edited by liuqyn; 05-30-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Site Admin
    All those features summed up to a total of 14 points, quite good. The best found so far is only +2.

Rules and Policies for Artificial Intelligence System
    I don't support any commercial project. So hopefully we choose some other project for our race.
    Linux is like a wigwam. No windows. No gates. Apache inside. http://debian.org

not sure how I overlooked it earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by txt.file View Post
    Rules and Policies for Artificial Intelligence System
    I don't support any commercial project. So hopefully we choose some other project for our race.
    good catch, didn't even notice that.

I found it in a few seconds. The second last sentence under 'join the project'

But at first i took a look at rechenkraft.net
    Linux is like a wigwam. No windows. No gates. Apache inside. http://debian.org

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast