Thread: Race polls - Everyone chips in

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

Race polls - Everyone chips in

Welcome to the the race polls! The place where we will define what we are going to run on after Rosetta.

I myself have short knowledge on the tens of projects going on out there, so I need your help guys. And I mean everyone, not just the race participants.

I'm going to take your race project submissions and gather them here, list their good and bad aspects, and in the end we will race on the proven best ones, or in case of popular demand, the most favorite ones among everyone. (even if not proven best for race)

The minimum conditions that I ask for a project to be raced on should be:
    - Have open account creation
    - Being stable (minimal or no unforeseen downtimes)
    - Have apps for both Windows and Linux (x86 minimum)
    - Have steady flow of WUs (for both Windows and Linux)
    - No GPU apps (sorry... this contest is CPU only.)
    - No limit on WUs per host, day, etc...

The bonus points for the best projects would be for example...
    - Credit equality for 32 & 64 bit hosts (this may be difficult...)
    - Quorum = 1 (the best for instant validation... no wingmen needed)
    - Fast WU validation (if not quorum=1 then at least a fast turnaround)
    - Stable apps (little or no failing WUs)
    - Dedicated 64bit apps (32bit apps run on 64bit hosts, but dedicated apps should be better)
    - etc... (can't think of more right now, but I'm sure there's more positive aspects on projects)

I'll also need to confirm these things for us all, so for example if you are running the specific project X of the submitted ones, you can confirm if it is quorum=1, or if it is stable, or if the validation is fast... Confirmed information will help us all choose the best projects to race on.

And because everyone has their favorites projects, I thought I would take that into the process, so you can also say what are your favorite projects among the submitted ones. You can vote for more than one projects, and alter your vote at a later time if new better candidates appear. A project with many supporters may just win a chance (by favoritism) to be in a race, even if it has a few flaws compared to others.

So give me all the info you can guys, and I'll start filling up the submissions. Be it more projects for submission, confirmations, denials, your favorites, etc, I need it all.

In the next post I'll fill in already with a few examples so you guys can have an idea of what I'm building here.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 05-14-2009 at 06:35 AM.