Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Race 1 Stats - Finished!

Do they have a proper internet-connection there??
    mihi deliberandum est....

DOH!!!! always something...

but you can fill your buffer → go to the damn cool hell → extreme oc the cpu and saturday 12pm you came back
    Linux is like a wigwam. No windows. No gates. Apache inside. http://debian.org

Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor View Post
    Do they have a proper internet-connection there??
    yes, that's where all the stinger sites come from -_-

so if i read the charts correctly, am i picking up x64 units, even tho i'm running the 32-bit client? i don't see "64" anywhere in my unit file names...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by plonk420 View Post
    so if i read the charts correctly, am i picking up x64 units, even tho i'm running the 32-bit client? i don't see "64" anywhere in my unit file names...
    I believe you are crunching with the 64bit applications, because your host reports "Windows 7 x64 Edition"

The workunits files are the same for all hosts, but the application that crunches them can make the difference. Some projects are favorable for 64bit hosts (Primegrid for example) and give more credits per WU to those because the applications are optimized for 64bit, and thus crunch more.

I think i forgot to overclock mine... I'll have to check between races

I'm running my Q6600 from an Intel OEM motherboard with no options to overclock the CPU or RAM . I installed the x64 version of Windows 7 RC, so I might have received a slight boost, but it's nowhere near being able to bump up the CPU by many hundreds of MHz. Maybe I need to look into investing in the Powerball lottery!

Quote Originally Posted by sentient_life View Post
    I'm running my Q6600 from an Intel OEM motherboard with no options to overclock the CPU or RAM . I installed the x64 version of Windows 7 RC, so I might have received a slight boost, but it's nowhere near being able to bump up the CPU by many hundreds of MHz. Maybe I need to look into investing in the Powerball lottery!
    same for me but i have a AMD 64X2 5600+ and OEM-board without any option.
    I disabled the most stuff and top says that nearly only rosetta is running. There is no more optimisation for me.

Maybe I should invest in a Phenom || 955BE and a good mainboard and then OC it to 4.5GHz .
    Linux is like a wigwam. No windows. No gates. Apache inside. http://debian.org

it only money, spend away, they'll just print more ..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast