Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Race 1 Stats - Finished!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellds View Post
    I did notice that for some reason I'm not getting any 64 bit wu's, neither is Jason, and we're running the same x64 bit IX OS and level. Interesting.
    In that case I'm sure you're getting all 64bit WUs. The thing is that the data collector here can't figure out what you guys have, there's no clue if it's 32 or 64 bits by analyzing the tasks, or the OS name. So it defaults to show them as 32 bit.

thats a little better, I was feeling small after the first stat run.
    only connecting at night(due to bandwidth limitations) makes it a bit unbalancing day to day.

Thumbs up

NeoGen,

what time of day are you generally going to do updates? If we want to upload a cache of completed wu's to show results for in a given update, how long before do they need to be on the rosetta server so you can see the results with your stats?

I guess your getting a XML file from Rosetta at some set time that your info is based on, or is it a on the fly query to the rosetta server to gain that info so you can do a update whenever your ready?

More importantly, what is the deadline at the close of the race for turning in results to be counted?

Another interesting observation to note. Just where has Vaughan gone? He has a motherload of Wu's issued to him that he's crewing on, and not reported results on. I think he's submerged, and listening to the chatter, and will surface at some point and torpedo us all with completed wu's. He is running a bad ass sub, so keep a watch out for fish in the water.

thanks again for all of your race work Neo !!
    Last edited by mitchellds; 05-19-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Site Admin
    I'm doing the updates once a day or twice if I can, near noon and midnight here (UTC+1), as it takes between 1 and 2 hours for the data collector to go through all the WUs of all the hosts.
    For the WUs to be shown in the page and fetched by me, I'd say they might have to be delivered to rosetta maybe an hour before, the page refresh is probably not instantaneous.

I'm not using the XML, it's an on-the-fly query to the tasks themselves, anytime I want. It takes quite a bit because it takes hundreds of hits on the rosetta site to fetch info on every task that goes by your hosts. But once I got it all I can pretty much analyze it in every way possible.

The deadline on each race is the end of saturday, the 6th day. The WUs must be delivered at most at 11:59:59 pm of Saturday (UTC). The timestamp is applied on the WUs at arrival to the server ("Time reported or deadline" on the tasks pages).
    I'm taking into account that the server might be busy and not refresh the tasks pages right at the second, so I'll only make the final data fetch a few hours later just to be sure. And on Sunday the final race stats will be presented.

OK gotcha, thanks for all the info.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellds View Post

Another interesting observation to note. Just where has Vaughan gone? He has a motherload of Wu's issued to him that he's crewing on, and not reported results on. I think he's submerged, and listening to the chatter, and will surface at some point and torpedo us all with completed wu's. He is running a bad ass sub, so keep a watch out for fish in the water.
    Eh moi? ... ping

Does the term sandbagger have meaning in Aussie land?
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=sandbagger

so how will points accumulated before the contest start (the 18th midnight GMT start) factor in?

Site Admin
    I picked up WUs sent by the server up to 12 hours before the start time. These 12 hours was the cache reloading time frame that suited best for all parts of the globe without creating too much of a caching effect for the contest. All workunits crunched before that were discarded. (so, no credits for it)

Next race will be the same way... 12 hours of cache reload time, everything earlier than that is discarded, and then the race is on.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Eh moi? ... ping
    Why do I hear the theme from 'Jaws' all of a sudden?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast