Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Race 3 Stats - Finished!!

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellds View Post
    It's real quite around here. Where is everyone?

Boy, I lost my butt in points yesterday, my power was cycling on off courtesy of a nice rain storm. what nice timing.... bummer...
    damn, i should have kept crunching full bore (well, i had to lower my OC due to ambient. i don't care to put on AC yet. the two battling would be dumb (AC vs OC)) but i briefly paused to do some video capture, since all hope seemed to be lost against Linux credit granted.

on the plus side i've been able to lower vcore from 1.48v to 1.38v :P (and the slight temp drop that affords). do you have C0 or D0, mitchellds?

edit: woot, just hours away from breaking 1 million
    Last edited by plonk420; 06-06-2009 at 05:13 AM.

That would probably be why I'm a few hundred credits from you, plonk. Wanna lower your OC more so I can take 4th place?

In seriousness, looks like my OC is holding up in this heat. A bit worried with the core temps hovering around 65 to 70 degrees Celsius even with AC turned on.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Less than 1 hour to go guys.
    If you have any finished WUs to report, now is the time. I have one WU to finish in the next 10 minutes, it'll be my last for the race.

I'm not gonna get many more either... was looking to test run in Enigma@home and getting project has no jobs available. Is anybody else seeing this too?

Same here Is it too late to switch projects?

If you keep forcing an update, you'll get work eventually.
    Last edited by Ramjet; 06-07-2009 at 12:25 AM.

And yet, Enigma's server status shows ~ 4 million workunits available! It's not good to have server issues on a weekend, the admins/scientists tend to be at home and can't give it a swift kick...
    Last edited by sentient_life; 06-07-2009 at 12:36 AM.

Site Admin
    I attached to the project and instantly got 1 WU. After a few minutes boinc made a second request and downloaded 26 WUs.

Guys, the cache loading time will only start in about an hour, WUs picked up now will not count. (I will have to cancel these 27 I got here)

If there are too many problems with the project during the 12 hours of cache loading time I may have to cancel this race, select a new project, and postpone the start for 48 hours, to give everyone time to settle. But I really hope not.

P.S. - And now it's time to see how the race ended. Compiling final stats now.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 06-07-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    I attached to the project and instantly got 1 WU. After a few minutes boinc made a second request and downloaded 26 WUs.

Guys, the cache loading time will only start in about an hour, WUs picked up now will not count. (I will have to cancel these 27 I got here)

If there are too many problems with the project during the 12 hours of cache loading time I may have to cancel this race, select a new project, and postpone the start for 48 hours, to give everyone time to settle. But I really hope not.

P.S. - And now it's time to see how the race ended. Compiling final stats now.
    i just queued 77 units with no problems...

and yes, i'm dying to see how the last one went. sorta >_<

Is that a win for an AMD chip in the quad core race against an intel I7 or two?

Site Admin
    Final stats uploaded!

Congrats to Jason, winner on the 4-core category. It was a tight race, and with a little divine help (storms on mitchell's area), but in the end he crossed the finish line in 1st place.

But not even divine intervention was able to stop the raw power of Mitchell's dual-core, in the 2-core category. Congrats to mitchell for a great 6 laps (days) race, in which he unleashed the power of his V12 (or even higher?) racing machine.

And in the 1-core category the congrats go to Ramjet, his Athlon64 3500+ is so well tuned for performance that he even does extra laps around everyone else. Great power for a single-core there.

In about 11 hours the Race 4 (Enigma@Home) will begin. On your marks everyone... get set...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast