Thread: Google Chrome

Google Chrome

This is a new Browser from Google; has any one tried this out, and some comments about it please? Is Firefox toast or is this a new way to view into our lives as some messages on line have suggested?

http://www.google.com/chrome

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I've used it a little - its OK. The browsers I use are FireFox 3.0.11, IE7 (IE 8 will not work with my company's webmail nor with my personal ISP's webmail service under Win7), Opera and just recently Chrome. Usage would be Ff 90% IE 9% Op & Ch 0.5% each.

I like Firefox because of its plug-ins such as Adblock which Chrome hasn't implemented yet. Seeing as Google's revenue is largely dependent on advertisements, I don't see them adding it.

I use Chrome. I really like it. It's nice and simple. If you like a bunch of add-ons then you won't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by sentient_life View Post
    I like Firefox because of its plug-ins such as Adblock which Chrome hasn't implemented yet. Seeing as Google's revenue is largely dependent on advertisements, I don't see them adding it.
    Same. I use quite a few plug-ins that I can't live without in Firefox.

Google Chrome

I too am an avid Firefox user, I have had opera in the past and hate to use IE if at all possible, but there are some die hard Web Developers who will not make some pages accessible to nothing but IE. Go Mozilla GO !

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I use my Opera10 and don't want to use any other browser. The only thing is that i can't reach some sites with it (e.g. my vps).
    Chrome tried me for one day with version pre1 but Opera likes me more.
    Linux is like a wigwam. No windows. No gates. Apache inside. http://debian.org

Firefox and Chrome for me.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

i prefer opera's more responsive mouse gestures (to firefox) .. but i use chrome for AJAX-y (or scripty) sites like friendface, google apps, flash-heavy sites where i have a lot of tabs open (like WoW walkthru sites)

now i checked the GChrome-website and saw that it is a damn windows-only program and the pre-alpha linux-version doesn't support flash. So no use for me.

The best things in Opera are the mouse gestures and the mail-client (Opera10 has html-mail-support). Hopefully they implement PGP/GPG soon.

In a friends Office i installed Opera10 and now i can browse the web without very long waiting. thanks to Opera Turbo

damn I love Opera10
    Linux is like a wigwam. No windows. No gates. Apache inside. http://debian.org