Hey guys

Who in here likes uptime counting projects?

If anyone is wondering what uptime counting is, it's simply counting how much time your computer(s) can run for without a reboot or shut down. Crunching folks like ourselves tend to leave the computers running for months on end without even a reboot. (as long as it's not running Windows )

This generates a wealth of stats data, like who keeps their machines running for the longest time, what is the more stable OS, etc.

There used to be a really good uptime counting project a few years ago, that our Team was in for the last few years of its life, but alas, as it grew largely beyond the expectations and become complicate to maintain within the little free time and resources it's founders had, it was shut down.

But now a new offspring is born, and altough it's still in its infancy it has been demostrating quite good results already. I am talking about Tug's Uptime Project, (www.uptimeprj.com)

I have been running this for a while and it is quite good. My uptime is at almost a month already. There are clients for a wide range of OS'es on the download section, there's individual and team ranking tables (we're ranked #12), and our Team is already created there(http://team.uptimeprj.com/162/en/)

If anyone's interested, do join and apply for our Team. In this project people have to apply for teams, and the team founder accept them in. It's not common, I know, but don't worry, I am the team founder and I regularly check our team there to see if anyone new applied.