Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FreeHAL problem

FreeHAL problem

I went all night with out communicating to the project, this morning I updated and the total of 30 WU's were recalled by the server and more were dispensed. I am back in business. I set the total from 25 WU's down to 18 for each boxen. The Overwhelming abuse of the CPU's had my system lurching instead of working like they should have. Too Much WU's for once, 18 works much better.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Interesting observation is that FreeHAL seems to take some CPU cycles now and I often see a message pop up for a few seconds saying 'Communicating with BOINC client. Please wait...' . The HDD light seems to stay on lots more too. These systems are Win XP 32bit with 2GB ram.
    Last edited by vaughan; 07-11-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: update quote

looks like all the activity is in the last 10-15% of the run, and it goes crazy.

FreeHAL problem

The server is back online ! Woot Woot

FreeHAL problem

Work Units are considerably longer in Time now, I am seeing about 30% longer duration to complete the tasks. And it is still a last minute shiver of the system like Liuqyn mentions that is occurring. Like Brain Freeze when you suck down a cold Milkshake too fast and chills your head so much it gives you a headache!

and to add on that, these seemingly nightly downtimes are killing my RAC as I'm not home to tell my boxes to "try again" when the server comes back up and boinc gets tired of trying and "waits" 24 hrs at which time the server is down again.

now that I made it to 100k, going to detach until it is more stable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12