Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Collatz Conjecture

Agree. Detach. Close BOINC. Re-boot PC. Wait for startup tofinish including BOINC startup and then check to see if Collatz has shown up in the Messages tab. It should NOT be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    So trying it out on a CPU is pretty much a waste of time? OR your comment here please ~!?
    yup it is. You are better off putting your cpu's onto something that doesn't support gpu's where they are on a level playing field. :-)

Anyone aware of what the problem with Collatz it? Their site has been down for several hours now. Can't up or download anything. This was what kept me previously from getting very involved with this project....

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    The site just appears to be down, I can't get to it too.

I hope they get it fixed soon, but realistically I wouldn't expect anything before monday. I am on my last 2 cached workunits and then if they are still down I will have to change to something else...

yeah, really sucks. To chang to my other project Ive got to change gpu's, which means Ive got to dump everything.

Interesting project, but where are the results???
    I have no idea or care what a "team score" is, or what units they are measured in.
    I'm assuming we are testing ever higher numbers for convergence, while finding glide and path records.
    Where are the stats? How high have we tested? What are the glide and path records?
    I can't seem to find ANY data on results of all our donated CPU and GPU time, so please, if it exists, could someone please point me to it?
    I wrote my own 3x+1 program, and have tested up to 2^62 so far.
    Thanks!

As a team we've scored 977,661,354.30 credits with Collatz, which makes us the 21st team world-wide
    99 members have contributed to that result, 23 of which are still active in the project.
    As the project server(s) are/is down, there is no way of finding out how they measure their credits, nor
    what the actual standings of the project are.

On 31-12-2010 there was this message
    1.9 quintillion numbers have been checked since the last high steps was found so finding a new high is more difficult than winning the lottery. Congratulations goes out to valterc and Georges who have are the first to find a number with 2,651 steps on 27 December 2010. The very next day, valterc again found another one with 2,651 steps. This time, his wingman was [XTBA>XTC] FRED. The new find has been noted on the Collatz Best Results page. If you prefer better odds, your chances of finding the daily high is about 1 in 35,000. Those results can be found on the Daily Highest Steps page.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    yeah, really sucks. To chang to my other project Ive got to change gpu's, which means Ive got to dump everything.
    Change to Moo! or MilkyWay, so you can keep your Ati/AMD gear..

my ati stuff with the exception of two 4850's won't crunch milky way. Had to put the nvidia stuff back in to crunch milky way. Only have one 5770 now for collatz, and it's crunching rc5 until collatz is back up. While I don't get the points on milky way that i can with collatz, milky way is much more stable. I get really ticked why I end up with a bunch of wasted cruncher time. So I'll just work on milky way for a while. If I had another 4850 or 69xx I'd put that on milky way too. But all i have is a gtx460, and it sucks juice and id too slow in milky way, do thuss the 5770 on rc5.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I changed to Moo Wrapper... my little old GPU is not double precision capable so Milkyway is out of the question.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456