Thread: Linux noob; Optimized Client install help...

Linux noob; Optimized Client install help...

so, i did what i did in Win7, i searched the drive (well, this is a wubi install on the windows drive) for enigma_0.76_i686-pc-linux-gnu so i could attempt to replace it (and the xml file, wrapper, etc). i couldn't, however, find it.

i'm assuming i have the wrong idea as to how linux's filesystem works?

are there any (newbie) guides i can attempt to use to try to "install" the optimized app?

i'm assuming what i have is already compiled. the header of it in a hex editor says "ELF".

i'd ask the enigma forums, but the impression i got is that if i don't know what i'm doing, that i shouldn't try ;p

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    I think that you have installed the wubi version of the BOINC client and manager from the ubuntu repository.

$ sudo updatedb
    This will update the index of the file locations on your wubi install
    $ locate enigma
    This will search through the index and display results from the search

HTH
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

i had to do a sudo locate. somehow they were hidden from a normal locate. one small glitch, but after a couple of reboots (i'm not sure how to re-launch boinc and it connect back to itself) and i think i'm on my way. now just to find the right optimized app... i'm trying the EM64T one, currently.

I tried Crunch3r's Optimized app too... I couldn't get the 64 bit Windows version to work... It's probably just user error though...

Does anyone know where the instructions are?? I used this a long time ago and remember that you just have to replace some of his files with the ones in the boinc folder. But all the files I have tried they don't work. I keep getting the message that I must connect to a client. (localhost) in my case.

I feel like an idiot cause I can't get it to work...

well, i got the EM64T working on the i7. however, i CAN'T for the life of me get it working on the phenom (tried EM64T, as well as AMD64). it keeps redownloading the files (yes, i'm including the optimized app_info.xml). if i drop in the app_info.xml in the middle of a job (with boinc paused and --quit'd) as well as the optimizsed app, it says computational error.

friggin frustrating!
    Last edited by plonk420; 07-27-2009 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd View Post
    I tried Crunch3r's Optimized app too... I couldn't get the 64 bit Windows version to work... It's probably just user error though...

Does anyone know where the instructions are?? I used this a long time ago and remember that you just have to replace some of his files with the ones in the boinc folder. But all the files I have tried they don't work. I keep getting the message that I must connect to a client. (localhost) in my case.

I feel like an idiot cause I can't get it to work...
    boinc app? or enigma@home app?

The Boinc app... I should have made a new thread...