Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arm injury

Well it's going on 7 weeks now,I have gotten back about 70% of my finger movement... the test is being able to make a closed fist again. It's getting there, I still have therapy twice a week and I'm out of work until Oct. 28th when I see the surgeon again, he said a week ago that he would like to see me make a fist the next time. My disability insurance money did start a week late, and I lost my first two weeks pay forever as that is not covered.When I called them asking about my second two week check ( which I got ) they said the doctors note taking me to Oct. 28th was not enough, I must go see him again and get the disability paperwork filled out again as they need a medical reason from him to continue paying me....
    My scar is improving visually but I really don't care about that, just getting my tendons repaired and working again is all I want. My hand and wrist is still swollen some and I wear a glove and arm sleeve for that, plus some putty over the scar to smooth it out that the therapist made up and applied to it. Overall I'm really doing better than I expected and hoped for and I'm bored as hell waiting to return to work. I exercise my fingers at least three times a day and I'm now mostly out of the cast, I do need to find something to exercise my arm too as I've lost all the muscle I had in my upper and lower arm...
    Thanks for asking !!!

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

Thanks for the update! :-) Too bad about the lost pay, however at least you are getting something. Not to belittle your issues by any means, but I received a note from a friend over in Seattle that had two buds pile their bicycles into each other. Well one broke his arm and some other stuff, ended up with stiches, etc., but the other gent broke his pelvic bone and is still in the hospital..... and yup, no insurance, can't work. So he is going to have a pretty rough go on things from that little mishap that went astray, and the medical bills from it will be dogging him for a long time. So there's a lot of misery out there in this old world unfortunately.

Glad to hear that you are on the mend though. Things seem to be looking better than what it was looking like when you first posted. I sure hope that things continue to improve for you and that the long term effects are as minimal as possible. Take care and keep some updates rolling in as time moves on so we know how things are going for you!!!

Thanks for the update. Progess will be slow but it IS progress.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Arm injury

When I injured my arm it was not back to 90 % till about 5 months after the surgery, practice and persistence on the exercises will get you well. Never give up hope. We are all thinking of you.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Thanks guys !!! I'm real fortunate to have had a really good orthopedic surgeon , and it's nice to see my fingers move again... right after I cut myself my middle finger and the next one towards my pinky curled under towards my palm and I couldn't get them or really the rest of them to move " up " . I knew I messed up good !!! I cut it close to the bone(s) but didn't cut the bone , I was told that would have complicated things a lot. I have to hand it to the guy who sewed me up in the ER as he hooked up some kind of pump to clean out the wound and ran two bags of sterile water and betadine thru it. I was given 7 days of antibiotics and infection was never a problem ( not bad since the miter saw blade was old and dirty ). The surgeon did something right also as 6 days after surgery I stopped my pain meds and it stung pretty bad but it was manageable without the percocet or vicoden they gave me. I'm really thankful for all the prayers and support from my friends here and from my present and last job, MC Dean and Virginia Controls. Again THANKS !!

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

Best of luck Joe! I hope you'll recover soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12