Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boinc Milestones

Boinc Milestones

Are you a Facebook user; If so your in luck!

A new application has been added to Facebook called BOINC Milestones, what this application does is enlighten you to your achievements as listed on your CPID and your list of projects your working while on Free-DC.

Yes Free-DC admin Bok is the main developer of this application. A tutorial has been drawn up to enlighten the non-BOINC to the all-purpose DC Cruncher like our Team effort. There are no teams mentioned on this application, you alone are making the difference. Your non-DC friends who have no idea what your doing will start to participate in BOINC or at least that is part of the idea here. Get some real world participation from non-DC'ers.

BOINC Milestones: http://apps.facebook.com/boinc_milestones/?ref=nf

If you are not a user of facebook you will not be able to see this page! Please sign up, add some friends => Local and DC to mix it up, stir in some laughter, and have fun.
    In order for people to be able to see your milestones you will need to add facebook friends to your account.

Additional Co-developers
    AMDave
    Gopher
    Nflight

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Congratulations. Good work guys.

And it went semi-viral overnight after Dr Anderson posted it on the Seti@Home frontpage ! I did work with him quite a bit yesterday on getting the wording corrected, so hopefully it's mostly clear now... Thanks AMDave, Nflight and others for initial testing and much advice.

Nice job guys. Will be trying it out.

heh, yeah, just added it a day or two ago. just randomly happened to have searched for boinc!

for you app fans, you may want to check out the app "what do quizzes actually know about you?" if you didn't already know how info-leaky facebook apps are.

edit: nice, just noticed
    Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Additional Co-developers
    AMDave
    Gopher
    Nflight
    Last edited by plonk420; 09-05-2009 at 09:55 PM.

Has this worked for anyone? I got a milestone in GPUGRID 4 days ago (70k credits) and nothing showed up.

On another note, we could create a group for us AMD Users members on Facebook.

Can you go to http://apps.facebook.com/boinc_milestones/ and make sure you have given the app posting permissions ?... if you haven't, then when you visit that page it should prompt you. Once you have it will show Success!!! BOINC milestones has permissions to post to your wall when a milestone is passed. If it's showing that and still not working let me know your facebook userid. I've checked for your cpid - d9ea5da362eba6103267bfb247bd306f. ah, wait, if I look for that cpid in my database it shows that you have removed the application from your profile...it then sets it as disabled in my table so will not post. Bok

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Can you go to http://apps.facebook.com/boinc_milestones/ and make sure you have given the app posting permissions ?... if you haven't, then when you visit that page it should prompt you. Once you have it will show Success!!! BOINC milestones has permissions to post to your wall when a milestone is passed. If it's showing that and still not working let me know your facebook userid. I've checked for your cpid - d9ea5da362eba6103267bfb247bd306f. ah, wait, if I look for that cpid in my database it shows that you have removed the application from your profile...it then sets it as disabled in my table so will not post. Bok
    Looks like it's set up properly. I just need to wait for the next milestone to see if it works.

Boinc Milestones

gamer007 Did you reach your next milestone yet? And if so did your Boinc Milestone work properly?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Yup, it did. Updated my status earlier today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast