Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Facebook

Do we have a facebook page/group? If not would it be a good idea to create one?

Facebook even!

Facebook

Putting in place a facebook page is probably not a real good idea. Most people on here use an alias or fictitious nickname. I am rather cautious of expelling my name in public as it is. Only those I am real close to do I allow my real name to be expressed in public. Just my 2 thoughts, anyone else want to share there ideals on this occasion.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

cause I don't use such social network stuff like facebook do whatever you want with it
    Linux is like a wigwam. No windows. No gates. Apache inside. http://debian.org

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I'm a bit outside of social networks myself, but I do agree that this Team needs some more publicity out there, and social networks seem to be the fashion these days.

I just think we need to gather more members and crunchers into the Team, by whatever means we use, to become World #1!

I havn´t participated in such social networks yet and i don´t have the intention to because i share Nflights opinion of exposing myself in the internet. But it would bring more publicity to amd-users and the boinc community so why not? New faces here would shurely be fun.....
    greetings vel.
    mihi deliberandum est....

Site Admin
    I was thinking... we could have a group of "AMD Users Ambassadors"

There are little things each one of us could do to spread out the Team name... for example:

1) Create profiles on all boinc projects with references to the Team.
    This is good because when the profile is chosen for user of the day, everyone browsing the website on that day see it. Doesn't need to be those large profiles with stats and all that don't fit on the screen, but at least having some references to the Team. But this could be a personal choice of each person, on how to do it.

2) Adding a reference to AMD Users on the signature if you're member of other forums.

I usually add this simple image to my signature on other forums. It is small, rather discreet, and links to our forums. Anyone that sees and feels curious can click on it and come see our site. And plus, I think that the more links to our website there are out there in different places, the higher we'll be on the google ranks.

3) Let's get the Team involved in other areas besides distributed computing.
    As Shnal pointed, social networks are where the people are these days, so that's where we should be too. I am sure that someone in here (besides those who have replied) is in Facebook, and other social networks, so those people can give us a start on it.
    And besides Facebook there's plenty of other websites, and not necessarily social networks. I am sure there is people here that have other hobbies or are involved in other activities. Remember OGame a few years ago? Online games, cars, sports, photography, you name it... Any place where our members are we can be as a group too.

We can have the Team name high up there in many other places, and bring people in to help us. So... who wants to be an "AMD Users Ambassador"?

I know I am going to start doing the first idea right tonight. Do once, copy-paste to the other 50 boinc projects. It's easy!
    Last edited by NeoGen; 10-01-2009 at 06:36 PM.

Site Admin
    So Shnal... as our very own Team Founder, and plus you had the idea of it... will you create us a Facebook page please?

I am sure there's people here that have Facebook, you will not be alone. And if there isn't *anyone* with Facebook in here, don't worry, you will not be there alone. I'll personally get into it and join the Team there to keep you company.

i'll join it!

Facebook

Let me Ponder this a little farther then my self-absorbed first post.

Yes it would place our Team in Cyber Space in the Facebook Realm. YES - I am a facebook user. Actually I helped co-develop BOINC Milestones! Let me look into putting in place a FAN Page. and we can use some of the working that are currently on our Wiki and other resources NeoGen has been hard at work on for the past several years. I can include our Stats pages and so on and so on. [The more you display for the future Team Member to read the more curious they become. Several other pages are dismal and lackluster due to not enough information presented to the public to read about]

Please any comments on this
    . The more information you have on your web page the better we can encourage people to take grasp and put there computers to work for us!

Since I am involved with the BOINC Milestones developers I think I can wiggle our Team Page into being posted Each time one of our Current active Team Mates using BOINC Milestone would achieve another milestone. This is a possibility, this way people would not leave Facebook but be re-directed to a page in-sighting interesting new words to help encourage people to sign up and join our team over the nemesis other 3,000 Teams out there.

Maybe a comment from NeoGen about placing a lot from the Wiki in this fan page-? Thinking outside the box here....

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast