Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey whats up?

Hey whats up?

What have I been missing? I turned to the darkside and built my first Intel machine since the Pentium II 200.

I was looking to toss it at a project to see how it does. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by AQUAJOE; 10-10-2009 at 12:54 AM.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Hey Aqua! Long time no see!

There's been plenty of projects popping up out there in the last several months, the amount of projects to crunch on is nearing 100. Gone are the days when there was no more than a dozen of projects to choose from.

Do you prefer life sciences, searching for aliens, searching for solutions for games, maths, physics... etc? There's a wealth of projects to choose from.

If the machine you built is based on the i7, then it's great for crunching anything you throw at it. I recall hearing in the old days that Intels were favorites for maths projects, specifically prime finding with LLR applications, but I don't know if that still applies these days.

By the way, what do you think of the new look of the website?

The site is not bad not bad at all. It is built on the I7 920. I built this one for windows 7. I am trying to remember the name of some the sites that will grab machines specs so you can put them in your signature in the forum.

As for the projects you know me I will throw cycles just about anywhere. No more alien searches though. IMHO a waste of time. To many things here on earth we could be solving.

Site Admin
    Does it come with a Nvidia or ATI gpu? there's some really interesting developments in projects using CUDA and ATI Stream, and they give out alot of points. With the latest stable version of BOINC it happily works with CUDA, but with the development version you can already work with ATI gpu's too.

I can think of a few very good projects... Folding@Home is non-boinc but already works with both ATI and Nvidia gpu's. On the other hand Rosetta@Home only works with CPUs.... Einstein@Home is also a very solid and stable project
    But hey... for you I know the perfect project: AQUA@Home (http://aqua.dwavesys.com/index.php)

But you know you can see the full list of projects here:
    http://stats.amdusers.com/amd_users_position.html

Tripple- Nvidia GTX 260 Core216 SSC Edition They have CUDA.

So a project that is InTEL Strong and can do multiple Cuda Gpu's what do you think?
    Last edited by AQUAJOE; 10-08-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Site Admin
    Boinc can work with multiple gpu's but I think there's a few oddities... if I recall they cannot be in SLI... and there may be a few more quirks.

A good CUDA project for BOINC, that I am running also and it is very generous with credits, is GPUGrid (http://www.gpugrid.net/)
    Takes no CPU while running, so you can run other projects for the cpu cores at the same time.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 10-08-2009 at 12:46 AM.

I put the 3 260's on GridGPU so we will see how that goes. I put the CPU on Aqua@home.

Oh and it figures aqua@home has no work!!

Site Admin
    Wanna try Astrophysics?

http://www.cosmologyathome.org/

(It's CPU only)
    We're ranked #2 on that project but we've got very few people crunching, we're going to lose that spot soon.

That works. I had an account there already so I just turned it back on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast